Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brochure/flyer paper

Options
  • 18-04-2007 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can pick up some a4 glossy flyer like paper?

I want to print up some flyers from my printer and save some money :)

All I can find is the thick card like (180gsm) on the net and I tried going into the printers but they wouldn't sell my any but I guess you can't blame them.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

theres no point using the same paper as someone with a printing press, it won't absorb your ink. You can try www.svp.co.uk for some paper, I find it good for proofs, if you're doing any sort of quantity though you won't save money, a digital printers could probably do prints for around 75c per a4 page. 180gsm isnt that think, if its a standard glossy flyer go for something around 120/140

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

heggie I will be using a non-commercial laser printer instead of inkjet so would that be alright for this type of glossy paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Block (8 wrote:
    heggie I will be using a non-commercial laser printer instead of inkjet so would that be alright for this type of glossy paper?

Laser Printer wont accept the same 'gloss' paper as a heat set press. Be careful. Anyway - by the time you buy such a short run of paper - you would be better going to a commercial printer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

yeh blue4ever is right, you'd want to make sure its 100% laser safe.

Advertisement