Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embedded Video Clip

Options
  • 18-04-2007 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I know YouTube clips recently enough became available on here but is it just clips from there we can show in threads?

I'm wondering because a new clips site - http://www.disclose.tv/index.php - started up a few months back and its purely for Parnormal clips & videos.

I'm not sure on these things so maybe it was something Boards allowed for YouTube and no one else?

Cheers

6th

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You can use the tag [noparse][/noparse]

So the following link from youtube here, insertcodehere would be replaced by what is after the = sign ->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01aN4AEB6GE would give me the result below.

edit: Actually, I don't think the ones you are linking to will work with the youtube tag. I think they are a different format.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Yeah thats my problem, it only seems to work with youtube videos :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Just as well as that site you linked to has video that autoplays/autodownloads as opposed to Youtube which waits for user input before downloading.

<3 56k

Ah excellent, at least I know now why it wouldnt be suitable.

Do you think that if the auto start was disabled that it might be possible to accomodate it?

It depends on whether or not there is a hack/feature for Vbulletin for that particular website I guess. And whether or not the admins want to add such a hack.

• Advertisement

Ok well disclose.tv have now set it that clips posted on external sites now longer auto start.

How would I go about finding out if its possible to have the feature added to Boards.ie?

First thing would be to check if Vbulletin has the capabilitly/hack.

Gordon wrote:
    First thing would be to check if Vbulletin has the capabilitly/hack.

I've tried finding this out but with no luck. Any idea how I would go about this?

Try searching the official VB forum.

I managed to do this myself on my own version of vB so any chance it can be set up here?

Very simply to add it to the Custom BB codes in the Admn control panel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement