Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's not coming in for the last few weeks?

Options
  • 18-04-2007 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭

Who here feels that it wouldn't be worthwhile going to school for the last few weeks? I'm seriously debating staying at home and studying for at least the final three weeks. All my courses are covered at this stage except English, though I covered it myself ages ago :rolleyes: Or maybe you'd prefer to go to school and savour the atmosphere while it lasts.

Lets get some opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Still have to do some work in certain subjects, so I'll definately be going in anyway. We finish about2 and a half weeks before the exams start, but teachers would still do stuff with us if we came in on those days. I'll only go in days where I dont have to be ripped off for the bus home, or go in early, come home much later. I'd get a bit too distracted at home, especially if nobody was in the house aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I know I'll just sleep in and not study, its still a good 6 weeks so taking that much time out would look pretty bad if ever asking the school for a reference. I've missed enough already as it is. I'll probably go back in after grads for somewhere to study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

That's a tough cookie, I don't really need to stay home and study, for cramming purposes anyway. A lot of those who stay home in the final hours are crammers...

Then again, attending could be totally pointless... Might miss the atmosphere but if nobodies in, there won't be much of an atmosphere. So... Ah, I dunno. Our grad night is 2 and a half weeks before the LC as it is, so school will probably finish after that (atm it's scheduled to finish a week after it... strange)

I was gonna poll this myself, but ya beat me to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I probably won't come in for 2 weeks beforehand, school for us finishes a week before june 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'll HAVE to go in. I would do absolutely nothing if I stayed at home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

I'll almost definitely take the last few weeks off, and go in purely for my double economics classes on Tuesday mornings (we finished the course ages ago and are now just covering exam questions).I need to start cramming dammit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 kenzie

Unless you are REALLY motivated you're not going to spend all day studying at home. I found the last few weeks some of the most worthwhile to be honest. Most teachers use this to go through the exam papers to make 100% sure you know the layout etc. which is so important. If your doing HL english and Irish the courses are quite long so we didn't finish ours to the last week or so- thinking back we could have done with a few more weeks for the Irish course. I would advise you to stay to at least the last week anyhow. I stayed to the very last day for mine and found the revision in class a great help.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Yeah i just think i'd end up bumming round doing nothing if i stayed at home for the last few weeks. Ill probably just end up taking a few days off here and there. Plus how could you miss your last day of school???!! Oh the fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Yeah, I'll definitely head in. Like, you'll be able to ask teachers for help on topics you're finding difficult whereas if you stayed at home, you'd still be none the wiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

I'm making barely any effort in school as it is but I'm going to keep going right till the end because it's so much easier that way. If I stayed home, I'd have to keep revising myself and I'd become even more bored than I am currently. In school I can just listen a bit in class and that keeps everything fresh. I don't do anything after school though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Speaking from my own experience, in the last month of school we did sweet f**k all. Was pretty much a doss in most classes, looking back I would have got way more done at home, but the last month of school was great fun so I'd probably still go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

erm i'll prob stay @ home...why get up at 8 in the morning to do 5 hours of study when i can get up at 12 or 1 and do 5 hours of study? id probly get too giddy @ school ,treat it lik a doss and not do anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

im not doin my L.C. this year, did it last year. but can i just say, just go to school the weeks on before hand. you'll get so much more accomplished, you'll inevitably run in to a bunch of questions that need answering.

and look, its only three weeks of your lives, go in to the exams guns a blazin AND MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE TO REPEAT, because then you'll really feel bad. the very last few weeks of school are in my experience pretty mellow, and helpful anyway (you get almost complete amnesty from all staff!! HAHAHA...immunity!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

My school finished up a good bit before the exams, but I kept going in every day. Knew I'd never work at home =p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

We're apparently being forced to come in "This is not a drop-in centre" until the term ends, June 3rd, what a joke, but even the principal knows no 6th years come in after the grads (May 24th) unless they have special classes with a teacher. What a fag he is..

^ We don't actually have to come in after the grads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I know that, I mean, that's what he's saying.

Crazy man, I'm busy staying drunk on the 25th! No school for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Mé Féin

Ya I'll probably go in, cause teachers will be pointing out things in revision that we might not have done before!! plus last couple of weeks with our friends don't want to miss that:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

deffo staying up until the last friday before the exams!! Everyone is completely different tho!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

School pour moi. I'd do nothing if I stayed at home. Family members here all the time, then you get the..."Oh, can I just interrupt you for two seconds..." "Oh, will you just do that for me?" Not worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Yeah, the extended family can be annoying, authoritarian, usually patriarchal, not very mobile, segregated conjugal roles and all, but at least they're strong and supportive in times of crisis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

md99 wrote:
    Yeah, the extended family can be annoying, authoritarian, usually patriarchal, not very mobile, segregated conjugal roles and all, but at least they're strong and supportive in times of crisis.

A1 for u in homec md99!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

I did that before the pre's. Simply because the teachers were cramming towards the end and it was doing my head in.

But then I started watching the soap repeats, followed by the soaps, then before I knew it, it was gone 9pm... so no not good idea.
    Plus if the good weather keeps up, your hardly going to want to study inside are you... and once your outside the weather is just far to hot to study...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

My school is in an appalling state, never mind the fact that I get so little done in school in the first place. Why go to school and waste time when you can get 6-7 hours of decent study done in the library? Thats my two cents for the time being. Of course it depends on whether or not your enjoying school these days.

I missed Tuesday and spent it in the library til 8pm. Then I missed Friday and spent it sleeping. I suppose I can go either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Steve01 wrote:
    My school is in an appalling state, never mind the fact that I get so little done in school in the first place. Why go to school and waste time when you can get 6-7 hours of decent study done in the library? Thats my two cents for the time being. Of course it depends on whether or not your enjoying school these days.

QFT.

I get so much more work done at home, and I've already started taking a day off now and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

I'll almost definitely take the last few weeks off, and go in purely for my double economics classes on Tuesday mornings (we finished the course ages ago and are now just covering exam questions).I need to start cramming dammit!

were you from?????????????

Lol, come on now boger, try and avoid another banning for awhile yet.

I've double economics on a Tuesday too, it's a common occurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Using question marks is now a bannible(sp) offense?

(Btw welcome back boger :) )

Advertisement