Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's not coming in for the last few weeks?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Perhaps not, but that post was extremely off topic, you can't deny that.

Oh now mine is off topic! ZOMG!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

my advice to yall is stay in school till the very last day!! Teachers always say those who stay in usually do better anyways....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Funneh, I've never heard a teacher say that. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

They say it, although it's often because those who stay in the very last days can afford to... they're not desperately cramming like their slacker buddies... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Ill most definetly be going in until they tell me to get the hell out :D
    Sure you will get help from the teachers and i cannot do study at home so school is a must. Plus if you were studying like for hours at home you would lose your mind, it will be better to be around your friends and ease the stress etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

^ You're right there, if you spend hours studying at home, sure you'd probably start dreading your own house like!

hmmmmm plus im moving house on the 25th, SO SO annoying, but cant really be avoided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Steve01 wrote:
    My school is in an appalling state, never mind the fact that I get so little done in school in the first place. Why go to school and waste time when you can get 6-7 hours of decent study done in the library? Thats my two cents for the time being. Of course it depends on whether or not your enjoying school these days.

Thats what I am thinking...
    The only reason I stay in school is for the usual craic and for maths class, as we are actually doing revision there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 originalcupcake

ya we're finished all our courses..and only like 2-3 weeks left of actual school anyway. iv been taking half days quite regularly, which works for me so i might stick out school til the end, aftr all it is the end of secondary school forever aftr this...kinda scary aint it??:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Yeh but lads, just vision this summer and the months afterwards...no more leaving cert, no more rules (well kinda) no teachers, no uniforms....argh, i mite just faint from the thoughts..

And then theres college...ive heard too many good things for it not to be true, drinkage, socs, the odd lecture, which wont be that bad cus we'll be doing things we actually want to do....

Bring it on, baby!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Most people bum off anyway so you get left with a pretty small class. This is were the teacher will give you tips, because its really their last breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

best craic i had in school were the last few weeks, defo glad i didnt stay at home

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

boger wrote:
    were you from?????????????
    Donegal.......Why?

alan4cult wrote:
    Most people bum off anyway so you get left with a pretty small class. This is were the teacher will give you tips, because its really their last breath.

woohoo cant wait. well we're coming into the last 3weeks now of school guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

Donegal.......Why?

guys im definetly coming in for the last weeks of school, i just thought you were from my country and i was right.

boger wrote:
    i just thought you were from my country and i was right.

Donegal isnt in Usbekestan, boger....

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

lilmizzme wrote:

Buuuurn!!

Actually, when are people allowed to finish up? As in our graduation is on May 24th but our principal says "According to the department of education..." bleh... we must all stay in till June 1st. Knowing people in my year, that is sooo not going to happen. Do people have a finish day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Selphie wrote:
    Buuuurn!!

Actually, when are people allowed to finish up? As in our graduation is on May 24th but our principal says "According to the department of education..." bleh... we must all stay in till June 1st. Knowing people in my year, that is sooo not going to happen. Do people have a finish day?

As far as I know most schools are finishing up at graduation. There's no provisions saying schools have to but its customary. Some teachers might request students come in for a few sessions the following week if you're behind in a course or if they haven't gone through the marking scheme with you (which would be fairly appalling at this stage).

lilmizzme wrote:

Everybody has their weak subjects.Maybe Geography is his weak subject.From your post,English seems to be a weak point for you

On-topic:I really would recommend going into school.You get a lot of revision done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Steve01 wrote:
    As far as I know most schools are finishing up at graduation. There's no provisions saying schools have to but its customary. Some teachers might request students come in for a few sessions the following week if you're behind in a course or if they haven't gone through the marking scheme with you (which would be fairly appalling at this stage).
    True. I've seen that happening during lunch and at weekends in the place I attend. I think I'll be having a few music classes in June as we have a good few days between our second last exams and music. Best to in -- have grads to plan for and debs tickets to buy!

• Advertisement

Everybody has their weak subjects.Maybe Geography is his weak subject.From your post,English seems to be a weak point for you

Is this over the spelling of Usbekestan, or Uzbekestan or however its spelt...I find it very interesting that you can judge my English skills based on my spelling of a single middle Eastern country...

I also don't see how you can comment, you obviously havent looked up some of Bogers comments elsewhere....

Advertisement