Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Xbox360 website & mag

• 18-04-2007 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭

whats the best xbox360 mag/website for accurate and fair reviews, new game updates (espec Halo 3) n price checks/buyers guide.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I use www.gamerankings.com - sister site of gamespot. They link to many other review sites and give you the average game score from them all.

Their site seems to be down at the moment though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

http://www.gamerzines.com/360zine/
    They have a good 360 magazine. They even put some videos in the pdf file.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The official Xbox Magazine is quite good and normally on the ball for reviews.
    www.oxm.co.uk

It's also one of the only magazines that puts playable demos on the coverdisk rather than a bunch of in-game video (at least here in Ireland). Good if you don't have the time or patience to wait for the latest Demos to download on Live.

• Advertisement

The official Xbox Magazine is quite good and normally on the ball for reviews.
    I wouldn't bother... if you want to be (more) certain that you're getting unbiased reviews!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Don't bother with Console-specific magazines, more often than not they are quite biased.

Instead try some of the better multi-format magazines, GamesTM, Edge, EGM, Game Informer.

Again, the same with websites - Eurogamer is good, 1UP is also very good, Spong is ok, to be honest I find IGN/Gamespy/Gamespot crap. Kotaku and Joystiq are good blogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

360 Gamer is a top mag imo.
    I like the format and it gives objective and in depth reviews.

It doesn't have a coverdisc so it's around 5-6 euro, far cheaper than other mags.
    And it's out every 3 weeks so fairly up to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I found Game Informer Online a very good site. Thanks all!

if I could get this sorted I'd be grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/

Compiles an average score based on reviews from numerous sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Not a fan of Edge, sometime I think they can be quite biased

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Metacritic is the business lads by the looks of things

brav wrote:
    Not a fan of Edge, sometime I think they can be quite biased
    I never thought them biased... just hard scoring compared to other mags. They claim that in instances where other publications might give an average game a 7 they'll give it a 5.

I always refer to Edge as "the Snootiest of all gaming mags".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Trilla wrote:
    Metacritic is the business lads by the looks of things
    I really have to agree ... the Megacritic site looks very useful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,705 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

IGN and gamespot should be avoided at all costs for anything other than screenshots, news and videos - everything else - i.e. the reviews - are subject to 'ZOMG! teh gamez are all bitchin'!!!111!!!' levels of coporate influenced hyperbole.

1up proves slightly more reliable IMO (but still imperfect). Kotaku is my new place of readership - very reliable, excellent journalism.

Advertisement