Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus Broadband (Limerick)

Options
  • 18-04-2007 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

So i made my mind up and said id give chorus a shot and see what its like
    the prices are really fair but all that has me worried is the :mad:CAPS:mad:

40gb is fek all these days, well for me its not. Has anyone else got it in Limerick?
    And do they enforce thre caps?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

All they can do is terminate you Ricey, they only monitor where there are complaints and as they have very few customers in Limerick you should be OK till you are 'noticed '. Then they will just kick you off.

I will give you 6 months at least .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Il be happy enough with that :D

Dog away so, try using the missuses name in case you exhaust every option in future and have to settle for them again :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

ricey wrote:
    So i made my mind up and said id give chorus a shot and see what its like
    the prices are really fair but all that has me worried is the :mad:CAPS:mad:

40gb is fek all these days, well for me its not. Has anyone else got it in Limerick?
    And do they enforce thre caps?

Your lucky, I'm probably going to go with Digiweb Metro and the cap on the 3MB package is only 30GB( for both upload and download).

Can't get Smart or Chorus where I'm moving to and I dont wanna play over the top for Eircom!

Just got it installed there and its fast as fuk! No $hit digiwebs metro NEVER
    loaded webpages this fast. I done a few speed tests and its getting the full 6mb download and 512k upload. So far so good.

478n5oh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Wait till they get some customers ricey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

ricey wrote:
    Just got it installed there and its fast as fuk! No $hit digiwebs metro NEVER
    loaded webpages this fast. I done a few speed tests and its getting the full 6mb download and 512k upload. So far so good.

478n5oh.jpg

Make sure you go opendns though. Thats where you may run into problems.

watty wrote:
    Wait till they get some customers ricey :)

Wait till i hit 200gb in a month n see what happens :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

ricey wrote:
    Wait till i hit 200gb in a month n see what happens :rolleyes:

What with? As far as I know torrents are throttled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Yep..I got Chorus a month. I asked then straight out when ordering it is anything throttled and they said definitely not. But P2P traffic is a no go on Chorus. They are definitely throttling it...bollixs!

I am considering getting rid of it for this reason as I need it for work as well as for pleasure...and they can screw their year contract...they lied to me!

• Advertisement

http .ISO downloads would be Riceys cup a tay .

Trust me it wont be torrents il be downloading :D

P2P Is for n00bs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

<snipped>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

boardsdotie banned for a week for requesting warez links.

As he should be :D

Advertisement