Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lexus Altezza

Options
  • 18-04-2007 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

I was looking into investing in a Lexus IS200, I was looking through carzone and there are a number of Altezza on sale, does anyone know if there is a difference between it and the standard IS200. I know it is a Jap import, but I read somewhere it is an other version of IS300 not 200. And what about the Beams tuned model is that a seperate car altogether?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

My understanding of te Altezza is that it is a 4 cylinder engine as opposed to a 6 clyinder engine, the Altezza has the Beams engine pumping out 210BHP with the standard car at 170BHP. Both are 2 litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyborg

The Atezza is indeed the jap import IS200 which is available in 2 models
    1) AS200 same 6cylinder engine as Irish model with 155bhp
    2) RS200 4 clyinder yamaha tuned (beams) 210 bhp engine

No point in getting the AS200 really as it will be harder to sell than the IS200
    Only get RS200 if you are willing to sacrifice some comfort and put up with a very noisy rev happy engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Altezza Jap imports are available from 1998. The IS200 was only available here since 1999.

I would agree if you want the one with the Yamaha Beams engine then buy the Altezza. If you want the less powerful but more luxurious 6 cylinder then buy an IS200.

My cousin bought a 04 IS200 up North last year and loves it. Much better specced than Irish models and cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Cheers guys, thanks for the tips.

Advertisement