Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant apply for access to soccer forum?

Options
  • 18-04-2007 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭

Mods arent interested in replying to pm. Any reason lads?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Have you applied via the Soccer Access Request forum? Link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

For a start your account has to be at least two months old.

Have a gander at the charter.

http://www.pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054846032

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

grimloch wrote:

Have a look again...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

grimloch wrote:

Have a gander at the charter.

http://www.pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054846032

Jaysus grimloch i'm not a total gob****e.

Ruu.

I cant even apply for access. It's telling me to go away, thats why i'm asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Who did you PM and when?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You weren't ever banned from there before, were you?

I've never been banned from the soccer forum because i've never posted there (not thats what i ever intend on happening). Only ever tried applying for access and followed all rules from the charter etc..

It was a while ago when i pm'd kjac and t4tf but nothing. Maybe they're too busy?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You are banned from the Soccer Access Request forum. PM a mod to sort it out.

Gordon wrote:
    You are banned from the Soccer Access Request forum. PM a mod to sort it out.

Haha, are you serious? I said in my first post that the fellas from the soccer forum havent replied to my pm's. Am i supposed to pm every day or something?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Dun laoire wrote:
    Haha, are you serious? I said in my first post that the fellas from the soccer forum havent replied to my pm's. Am i supposed to pm every day or something?

psi banned you, for this ridiculous access request:
    Dun laoire wrote:
    Access darlings
    I would like to join the soccer forum my love
    I have read the charter and i will comply to the rules of the soccer forum and i have no problem sucking your whopper e-balls if needs be T4TF.

Thanks lads
    xxx

I'd be surprised if they are in any hurry to let you in, but you should PM psi not anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

lmfao.

Classy request.

Oh yeah. Forgot about that. I was young and silly but jaysus i didnt deserve a life sentence. I had applied about 2 or 3 times before that and totally ignored. I was desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Dun laoire wrote:
    Jaysus grimloch i'm not a total gob****e.
    Well, actually....

cast_iron wrote:
    Well, actually....

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

copacetic wrote:
    psi banned you, for this ridiculous access request:

I'd be surprised if they are in any hurry to let you in, but you should PM psi not anyone else.

Really? In what way is it in violation of anything? The request contained what was required, with a little humour added.

nipplenuts wrote:
    Really? In what way is it in violation of anything? The request contained what was required, with a little humour added.

I think he wants mine. It's finely tuned apparently

private joke with copaceltic:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

nipplenuts wrote:

Humour ,thats the problem really, The mod in question doesn't have a sense of Humour as is obvious from this gross over reaction to the access request.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

The access darlings/ my love bit was funny, I thought you wrecked it with the end bit though.
    I'm still waiting for my soccer forum access from about a year ago come to think of it.

Dun laoire wrote:
    I think he wants mine. It's finely tuned apparently

private joke with copaceltic:D

it was a humourous enough request imo, finely tuned indeed!
    but as you can be banned from applying just by wording your request wrongly I think you prob pushed the envelope a little.

Also not sure it did contain all that was required nipplenuts. Unless the 'word of the day' rule wasn't in back then, you can certainly get banned now for not wording your request exactly as required with a certain phrase from the charter inserted also.

relevant section:
    Once a user has read the soccer charter they can post a request in this forum stating that they have read and will comply to the rules of the soccer forum and would like to join the forum. - two identifier words - (in italics in the soccer charter) must be included in your application. THE FULL TEXT YOU NEED IS POSTED BELOW. Just fill in the blanks and post.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

While we're on the topic, actually, I have a question about access to the soccer forum. I have access, even though I never applied for it. I assumed it was something to do with my join date. However, I just saw that Boston applied for access and he joined boards in 2001. What's the story with that? Why do I have access and he didn't?

• Advertisement

Faith wrote:
    While we're on the topic, actually, I have a question about access to the soccer forum. I have access, even though I never applied for it. I assumed it was something to do with my join date. However, I just saw that Boston applied for access and he joined boards in 2001. What's the story with that? Why do I have access and he didn't?

it looks like he was given a fair bit of leeway with his application too!

could it be that all mods have access automatically?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

No, I checked my access before I was a mod, after reading some thread or other in AH. I've had access for at least a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Humour ,thats the problem really, The mod in question doesn't have a sense of Humour as is obvious from this gross over reaction to the access request.

And if you paid attention you notice there are strict guidelines for apply for access which I do believe the OP didn't adhere to.

Gross over_reaction? hardly.

kaimera wrote:
    And if you paid attention you notice there are strict guidelines for apply for access which I do believe the OP didn't adhere to.

Gross over_reaction? hardly.

So you feel a total ban from the access forum is justified if a user does not word their access request properly. Lighten up , it's only a internet forum. Assuming it's a first offence from the OP the total ban is a gross over reaction.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I have read the charter and i will comply to the rules of the soccer forum and i have no problem sucking your whopper e-balls if needs be T4TF.

In fairness now lads, how is anyone supposed to take that as an actual serious request for access?
    If he's like that when trying to gain entry, what would he be like once he got in. That is a fair enough assumption for any Mod to make.

Beruthiel wrote:
    In fairness now lads, how is anyone supposed to take that as an actual serious request for access?
    If he's like that when trying to gain entry, what would he be like once he got in. That is a fair enough assumption for any Mod to make.

I can see you point and understand why access was not granted However I would ask does the post merit a total ban from the access request forum? IMHO it does not.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

The Muppet wrote:
    IHowever I would ask does the post merit a total ban from the access request forum? IMHO it does not.

Well at face value, I can't see how it does. But I've never been in that forum and have not read it's charter. Perhaps it's not his first time to post such a thread? I'm sure the Mods will be along in a day or so to enlighten us.

Thanks folks for the replies. PSI has lifted my ban so the shackles are off and hopefully i'l be dancing my way into the soccer forum soon. I loved the word identifiers he left for me. Now thats humour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The Muppet wrote:
    So you feel a total ban from the access forum is justified if a user does not word their access request properly. Lighten up , it's only a internet forum. Assuming it's a first offence from the OP the total ban is a gross over reaction.
    IMO, it makes sense. The Soccor Access Request forum is nothing more than the way to knock on the door and ask for a way in. If that way has been denied, whats the point of allowing the user to continue to be able to access the forum, and risk unnecessary spammings and muppetry from taking place?

• Advertisement

copacetic wrote:
    it was a humourous enough request imo, finely tuned indeed!
    but as you can be banned from applying just by wording your request wrongly I think you prob pushed the envelope a little.

Also not sure it did contain all that was required nipplenuts. Unless the 'word of the day' rule wasn't in back then, you can certainly get banned now for not wording your request exactly as required with a certain phrase from the charter inserted also.

relevant section:

The word identifiers didnt apply back then lad. Twas a great idea actually.

Advertisement