Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant apply for access to soccer forum?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

IMO, it makes sense. The Soccor Access Request forum is nothing more than the way to knock on the door and ask for a way in. If that way has been denied, whats the point of allowing the user to continue to be able to access the forum, and risk unnecessary spammings and muppetry from taking place?

Do you mean you would support a pre emtive ban from the access forum for anyone denied access to the Soccer froum. Usually the mod just locks the request when it has been dealt with and would deal with any further posts on merit.

Any way I,m glad to see common sense has prevailed and the silly ban has been Lifted so end of.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Dun laoire wrote:
    The word identifiers didnt apply back then lad. Twas a great idea actually.

well as I said I wasn't sure it did..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Faith wrote:
    No, I checked my access before I was a mod, after reading some thread or other in AH. I've had access for at least a year.
    Anyone can read the forum, it's the posting in it which is restricted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Blowfish wrote:
    Anyone can read the forum, it's the posting in it which is restricted.

That explains it! Cheers Blowfish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Glad it's all sorted out. Knobjockery of the highest order to ban someone for what was quite a funny request. Some people take all this internet stuff too seriously.

Dun Laoire, I salute u :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Oh good grief.

Dun laoire applied incorrectly ages ago. I got so many incorrect applications that I stated I would not consider anyone for application within a month of them applying incorrectly - he responded by posting the mentioned post and got a ban for it. He never contacted me to have his 1 month ban lifted and that was that.

He then PM'd the other mods and not me (who deals with most of access requests) so his PMs weren't dealt with (they probably assumed I'd been cc'd) until he PM'd me directly.

As for the strictness of soccer access requests, well when you have 50% of people being denied access, you need something to motivate them to follow the correct procedures.

Regarding Dun Laoire, he has access now, his ban wasn't perm, he just never acked me to lift it. When he did, I did.

Quite frankly, the idiocy of alot of the replies on this thread with opinions that have no basis. Some of the posters really deserve some face time with sweet lady brick.

Boston had access way back when. He had some account tomfoolery with accounts merged and the result was that his current incarnation didn't have access. I made him apply for transparency but he should never have had his access revoked.

I have no idea why Faith has access, but if you want I can remove it.

actually, I just checked, she doesn't.

psi wrote:
    Oh good grief.

Quite frankly, the idiocy of alot of the replies on this thread with opinions that have no basis. Some of the posters really deserve some face time with sweet lady brick.

put your hands up!! This is the "internet guy trying to be a toughman" police and your ass is busted ;)

tallaght01 wrote:
    put your hands up!! This is the "internet guy trying to be a toughman" police and your ass is busted ;)

or I was just quoting the Simpsons for humour and you're a bit of a twat.

Yes, I like that explanation.

yea, that's it.

You were injecting some humour into the situation.

I think it was patently obvious to everyone that you were brekaing your hole laughing during this thread ;)

The only thing I would say to you is that the fact that, as an adult, you quoted the simpsons when you were being serious doesn't make it any cooler :P

• Advertisement

tallaght01 wrote:
    yea, that's it.

You were injecting some humour into the situation.

I think it was patently obvious to everyone that you were brekaing your hole laughing during this thread ;)

I was bemused. You'd be surprised what I find amusing. In fact by the time you finish your first residency, I'd imagine you'll be of similar disposition.

Anyway, how do you know what my demeanour is. I'm about 7,000km away.
    The only thing I would say to you is that the fact that, as an adult, you quoted the simpsons when you were being serious doesn't make it any cooler :P
    The simpsons will always be cool Mo (whose quote it was) in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Beruthiel wrote:
    In fairness now lads, how is anyone supposed to take that as an actual serious request for access?
    If he's like that when trying to gain entry, what would he be like once he got in. That is a fair enough assumption for any Mod to make.

no its not.

if he's like that now (funny) then i want to see him post.

lighten up.

actually, to be honest, I was probably being a bit harsh on psi. I got bored and was probably looking to take the piss with someone, so i apologise, psi.

What on earth is "my first residency" btw? is it like a toy for kids? :P

tallaght01 wrote:
    so i apologise, psi.
    No need, I'm hardly concerned.
    What on earth is "my first residency" btw? is it like a toy for kids? :P
    Hrmm am I forgetting Irish terms already. After medschool

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

tallaght01 wrote:
    actually, to be honest, I was probably being a bit harsh on psi. I got bored and was probably looking to take the piss with someone, so i apologise, psi.

Shame on you

psi wrote:
    No need, I'm hardly concerned.

Hrmm am I forgetting Irish terms already. After medschool

So you mean my interneship? well I did that a good few years ago, but no matter how bad it got, it never drove me to quoting the simpsons in public :p

tallaght01 wrote:
    So you mean my interneship? well I did that a good few years ago, but no matter how bad it got, it never drove me to quoting the simpsons in public :p

No, not an internship - I think registrar is the Irish Equiv.

Exactly how am I quoting Simpson's in public?

Its a BBS and I live very far away from you.

Advertisement