Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N95, HSDPA & ..a question...

• 18-04-2007 7:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

A question for anyone who has tested HSPDA with the N95 in the Dublin region be it Voda or Three.
    I was just reading on xda developers board re a phone user who, while browsing the net over a HSDPA connection with Vodafone in the UK, all his calls were automatically diverted to his voicemail without them ringing through on his handset. Granted he was using the HTC Advantage at the time, but it all points to a network issue and since the N95 (or I suppose the moto v3xx) is the only hsdpa enabled handset here I was hoping someone could test a theory that it may be the same here.. namely when actively browsing over a HSDPA connection, calls are dropped.

Original thread describing the issue here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=302827

Anyone care to test this please?
    Open an active connection in a HSDPA area and then try calling yourself to see if the phone automatically reverts to standard 3G to take the call...

Cheers in advance. It sounds like a serious problem to be incommunicado while browsing or leaving an active HSDPA connection running in the background!

Hoping its not true of Irish Network setup..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

This was one of the very first things I tested a few hours after ownership last Thursday.

I travelled to Drogheda and noted the faster speeds once we left Newry.

I then got a mate to ring me while surfing: absolutely no problem at all -I could take -and then make - calls while online.

As a result, I'm considering making my 3 Ireland my main number -saves carrying too many phones around (and I am tired of Vodafone Ireland anyway and their wicked ways).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

good news indeed.
    I'm with three and voda, going sim free on the advantage soon and debating what sim to put in there.. looks like three sim with bb add on. cheers culabula

anyone on voda able to test this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Don't know if the add-ons offer this, but the BB datacard SIM also has a separate FAX number, which may be useful to some.

Advertisement