Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying phones on Ebay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

I wouldn't buy it. 13 negative and 20 neutral feedback within one month. I know he has almost 900 positive. But, no thanks.

IMO thats much safer way to get this phone (not available yet):
    http://web.hoh.de/hoh/(S(wwixmj3mih4wwjml12zftf55))/default.aspx?TY=item&ST=1&IT=16708&CT=1220
    Of course a bit more expensive...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Not worth the hassle..

buy it from a retailer. When it comes to expensive items (over €200), you need some sort of peace of mind. You need to know they item will get you you in a decent amount of time, it will be brand new, and if anything goes wrong you'll have some come back.

with ebay it's hit and hope. you could pay €500 for what you think is a bargain, and you could end up waiting 3 weeks for a dodgy phone to arrive from china, plus be hit with all sorts of customs and VAT.

mobilefun.co.uk are the cheapest. €644.40 plus about €15 delivery to the Republic.

i'm waiting on mine atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I'm a big EBay fan but I don't think I would buy a new expensive phone on EBay. No comeback, phones like the N95 are complicated and may require software upgrades etc. It's nice to have support from the place of purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I'm a big EBay fan but I don't think I would buy a new expensive phone on EBay. No comeback, phones like the N95 are complicated and may require software upgrades etc. It's nice to have support from the place of purchase.
    of all the things that would turn me off ebay for an n95, that's not one of them because you can do software upgrades yourself with a data cable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

My experience of irish retailers in general is that they are pretty clueless and offer appalling service when it comes to offering support, firmware etc for products. I wanted an epos reprint for a laptop recently from a well known electronics retailer who promptly demanded a 10 euro fee......

Probably wouldn't buy off ebay but would buy online - particularly from the uk as their prices are better than our lot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

dont buy a n95 on ebay, would be madness.
    over half of them would be fake anyway.

i tried to buy a 6230i few yrs back, ended up cutting a credit card.

then i tried to buy a xpsm1710, ditto.

bought one on the dell outlet.

if you want advice here, its nay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Thanks for the replies lads. I was going to stick with an online retailer anyway. While you could take a chance and save a few € it not worth the hassle if anything goes wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

legs11 wrote:
    dont buy a n95 on ebay, would be madness.
    over half of them would be fake anyway.

i tried to buy a 6230i few yrs back, ended up cutting a credit card.

then i tried to buy a xpsm1710, ditto.

bought one on the dell outlet.

if you want advice here, its nay.
    why did you have to cut up a credit card? did you not use paypal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

i used credit c to register then, had no pp......

anyway fcuk ebay, its full of lame scammers now. !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

got a moto l6 on ebay a while back, very good condition, barely used, used paypal so if anything was wrong, i could claim my money back easily

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Guys ebay is perfect if you know how to use it and check ratings etc.Ive ordered the new n95 and cost me 636 and should be here by early next week.I will let you know when i get it.I have used ebay for 3-4 years and just had 1-2 problems but thing huge.
    That n95 is legit as i bought a fone last year from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Dre, would you have a link to either the seller you bought it from or the the ad on ebay? Wouldnt mind checking it out if everything goes ok for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Dave6195 wrote:
    Dre, would you have a link to either the seller you bought it from or the the ad on ebay? Wouldnt mind checking it out if everything goes ok for you.
    Dave he only had 2 and there sold.That other link is genuine as i have bought from him before.

Advertisement