Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get Dublin City Council to dish the pavement?

Options
  • 18-04-2007 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

I've just had a driveway put in and it is absolutely lovely. I got all the planning permissions etc. Now I need Dublin City Council to come and dish the path. Who do I ask? How long does it take? How much does it cost? I thought it was only a couple of quid, but then I heard it was a couple of hundred quid!! Can anyone enlighten me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

AFAIK its about €700. Try ringing them . The main no. for DCC is 01 2222222. they'll put you through to the correct dept. ( paving i'd imagine)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Well 7-8years ago I paid 125punt...I have heard its around the 250-300euro now...I went down to Dublin city council Depo on Davitt road(Drimnagh/bluebell)near Fleetwood paints/dulux paints.

From the Dublin City Council website:

contact details of the person/group to submit requests for footpath dishing in each Area Office? #5568

North Central : 839 8311; North West : 675 5610 ; Central : 672 3892 ; South East : 675 5990 or 675 5139 ; South Central : 675 5200

Also

Depending on the size of the dishing required. Minimum cost is €350

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I paid them €350 last year, I phoned them,they sent out a form, I went into the council at woodquay,paid and it was done within a week or so.The sad part is that a month ago they relayed the pathway on my road and guess what, the boss was a guy I went to school with, he would have done the dish for free. Actually I think when they are laying paths the automatically lay a dish at any house with a driveway, so if you have anyway way of finding out if the council have plans for your road then you may get a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

Thanks guys/gals. Good information. I'm glad it doesn't take too long. I don't want to have to use a plank of wood forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

Just to update you all. I rang DCC Davitt Rd yesterday morning and got on to a nice man who told me that Marrowbone Lane now deal with the dishing. But he rang the inspector for me and told me he would be around "in a bit". I didn't know if "a bit" is an hour or a day. I turns out it is more like 30mins. It must be a slow day in DCC. Turns out it costs €420 to dish the footpath. A little more than what I thought. He gave me a form, I went in to Wood Quay to pay and it'll be done within the week, they say.

• Advertisement
Advertisement