Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help needed and appreciated

Options
  • 18-04-2007 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi I just today bought a broadband router and usb adapter (Micronet) and am looking to route my ericom netopia broadband box through them. I've managed to set up the router and adapter so they can read each other but I am not sure what to do with my eircom box (if its to be connected and from where to where, what wire to use) also the eircom broadband line gave me a network key I must enter in "View Wireless Networks" in Windows XP but XP said it can't configure this wireless network.

I am wondering if anyone has tried to set up this way before or if anyone just happens to know how to sove it. I appreciate any help.
    Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Could you give the model no of the router and which version of the netopia are you using? Are you sure that the netopia is not wireless already?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Praetor

Hi

You need to either enable windows to manage your wireless device or to use your manufacturers.

By default your wireless card software will take over windows wireless utility that is why is giving you that message, so you can

Use your wireless card wireless network utility or
    disable it and use windows.

Advertisement