Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West ham vs Chelsea

• 18-04-2007 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

1-2

Great game so far, Wright Philips with a superb goal after beating 5 or so players, Tevez equaliser that Cech maybe should have saved. Wright Philps then scores from a cross from chelseas tip.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Very exciting game allright.
    West Ham are very unfortunate to be trailing as they have been the better team in the first half but that is so often the case when Chelsea play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Altho i like West Ham and want them to stay up they are ****e, some of the finishing and defending is terrible. Drogbas miss from Neills backpass pretty much proves that.

Zamora should have scored 2 by now, can see chelsea scoring more tbh :(

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

3-1

Shocking defending seriously shocking.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Wright-Philips second was superb. A great finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Asshole celebrations

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Missed it, what did they do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

GAME OVER... I think i go get a DVD maybe Newcastle can do us a favour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

West Hamers really like Frank don't they?!

Mike.

ps Liverpool 2 0 Boro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Sounds like a grim performance by the hammers, certainly didnt forsee a 4-1 scoreline. Had this one marked down as a potential point dropper for the flash bastads. Oh well, theres always Highbury & Newcastle to come ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Highbury is dead. And to be honest I don't see Arsenal getting much out of that game anyway. United will have to get something out of the game in Stamford Bridge imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Suprised Benayoun hasn't been playing recently, until tonight. Class player. Probably suffering from playing in the West Ham team as there's nothing he can do if his team haven't got possession. I'd say he'd be excellent in the Man Utd team as they dominate most games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Highbury is dead. And to be honest I don't see Arsenal getting much out of that game anyway. United will have to get something out of the game in Stamford Bridge imo.

Hardly. As long as they match Chelseas results and dotn lose more than 7-0 or so at the bridge, they win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Great first half, seemed like a genuine contest. But that was quickly ended in the second half with the early goal.
    Would've been interesting to see West Ham pull it back to 2-2 with either Collins' chance before half time, or Zamora's on the other side of the break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

bollocks. switched on at around 20 mins when it was nil - nil and the hammers were doing all the attacking. I naively thought that they might get something from the game. then i saw their defending :eek:

some excellent finishing though by Chelski. still, as long as the wins keep comin its goin down to the wire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

mike65 wrote:
    Asshole celebrations

Mike.

Rubbish. For God's sake, they clenched fists towards the camera. There was no gesturing or gesticulating, or really doing a whole lot wrong. The crowd are a decent distance from the pitch at that ground, and loads had left by that stage.

But do you know what? If Chelsea players are bothering people to that extent, then they're doing more right than wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Bateman wrote:
    But do you know what? If Chelsea players are bothering people to that extent, then they're doing more right than wrong.

Eh?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

West Ham were decent in the first half. Tevez's shot was nice. Wright Philips' goals were great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

its hard to see why west ham have only 29 points, every time i see them play they look lively. Thats what you get for building a team around Tevez and not your back 4 i suppose...

Advertisement