Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uachtaráin - History of the Irish Presidents

Options
  • 18-04-2007 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

New documentary series on the history of the Irish presidency from Douglas Hyde to Mary McAleese. Starts tonight at 9.30pm on TG4.
    21:30

Uachtaráin (TS)
    Dubhghlas de hÍde, founder of the Gaelic League and first President of Ireland (1938-45). The Roscommon native, though opposed to violence himself, inspired those behind the Rising to strike for Irish freedom.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭csk

I only got to see the last half hour but it seemed interesting enough. TG4 usually do good documenataries like this, the one of coláiste na Reabhlóid last week was excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Múinteoir

Last night's programme can be watched in the archive at www.tg4.tv under 'Faisnéis - Cartlann'. Seven more episodes to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Will there be subtitles? I like TG4 documentaries, but I prefer when they're in English... certainly a great idea for a documentary series though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Múinteoir

InFront wrote:
    Will there be subtitles?

Yes there are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I saw it. It was a great programme. I noticed that he planted a tree when he started his presidency, it got a tree disease later. A cutting was cut from it and that cutting was used to plant the tree that President McAleese planted to mark his presidency.

• Advertisement
Advertisement