Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Texts between 3 and german Vodafone

• 18-04-2007 8:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭

How knows the reason why my text messages from "3" don't arrive to my friend in Germany (Vodafone)? I don't get his messages as well :rolleyes:

Of course when I try to send a text from irish voda it works fine.

Any suggestions? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

they probably don't have a text agreement with the network he's on. give them a ring and confirm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

If 3 don't have an SMS agreement with Vodafone in Germany that would be hilarious, considering that they use Vodafone here in Ireland to carry their calls where they do not have coverage yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Vodafone DE and E-Plus have more or less equal coverage AFAIK, and no doubt, Vodafone DE is asking for extortionate terms to "peer" with 3, so 3 probably peered with the cheapest operator, at least this way we can use our phones in Germany. 3 are concentrating on getting coverage with at least one operator in most countries, then they will worry about the very minor things like international texting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

First of all, Vodafone in Germany has significantly better coverage than E-Plus. But more relevant, he wasn't trying to roam there. He was using his 3 phone in Ireland at the time the problem occurred.

Roaming is a different matter altogether.

Coverage asside, roaming agreements => Text agreements, few if any operators sign text-only agreements with foreign networks. Asside from agreements with the non-GSM US Operators, which is the only reason I kept my O2 SIM card.

The point is, when 3 get around to signing an agreement with Voda DE (probably going to be last on their list due to the high-probability that Voda DE will want too much money :rolleyes: ) will equate to the OP and his friend being able to text each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

Thanks for your answers! So, this is next reason why I shouldn't be with 3... With the time I have the impression that 3 is really cheap but kind of "amateur network"... :rolleyes:

Just because you cannot text internationally doesnt make 3 an amature network, it takes two to tango. I have had international texting problems with O2 on occasion as well, though, if you are looking to text abroad a lot, O2 is your best bet, they have the most roaming agreements out of all the irish networks IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

Just because you cannot text internationally doesnt make 3 an amature network, it takes two to tango. I have had international texting problems with O2 on occasion as well, though, if you are looking to text abroad a lot, O2 is your best bet, they have the most roaming agreements out of all the irish networks IIRC.
    You're right actually. But this was really annoying... :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

annoying true but they have got more agreements lately
    though spain was a disaster my phone kept losing its signal when it should be full and a text home was received like 25 times (well that was last summer I hope they got it fixed)
    anyway it really shouldnt be enough to put you of 3... just yet anyway

Advertisement