Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Installing a new Mixer Tap

Options
  • 18-04-2007 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Ok Just about to install my sink and mixer tap.

Can anyone tell me how eveything goes together on the Mixer Tap.

Basicall where do all the washers and gasket's goes and that metal piece that looks the same as the rubber gasket.

Do I need anything else to attched this Tap to the new sink ? (plumbers putty, silicone)

any help appreciated

garyh3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Thin ring goes on first onto base of tap.
    Then the two pipes go on ,then the two threaded bars go on.
    Sit the tap down ,by guiding the flexible pipes through the basin hole.
    Get the black rubber U shaped thing ,U shaped metal support and use the brass nuts to tighten the support against the under of the basin.

You might need two 1/2" 311 fittings aswell ,or use the old ones.
    Edit ,it looks like you were given two sets of flexihoses ,10mm and 1/2" ,I'd use the bigger ones and thats what the small black washers are for ,to use with 1/2" 311's.

hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Thanks Brian...

err Kinda understand.

So let me try and understand

1st put the small ruber ring on
    2nd The H/C thread pipes screw them on
    3rd Put the tap on the end and thread though the flex hose. and then put teh tap on the sink.
    4th put the U shape rubber under the counter and then the metal U shape
    5th use the thread screws to tighten the tap to the sink.

The next bit need a bit more explaining

You might need two 1/2" 311 fittings aswell ,or use the old ones. ? This is a new sink and tap what old ones?

what are 1/2 311?

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Basically ,the hose connections you have are designed to screw onto a fitting(female thread).
    You need to go from screwing onto ,to a nut and ring.
    A 311 is a male thread on one side and a nut and ring on the other.

Best thing to do with the taps ,is put them together in the sequence that fits ,without actually installing them. The brass nuts on the threaded bars ,tighten underneath the basin against the U shape support.

Thanks Brian

I put it together last night (Mock).

regards
    Garyh3

OK Intalled the sink and installed the TAP. But Im having difficulty trying to connect the H & C to the mains. Can anyone tell me where to get the connection, It seems to be a weird size I think Brian was talking about 1/2 311's is this what I need and who sells them?

EDIT: FIXED:Its a metrick size.

Thanks

Garyh3

• Advertisement
Advertisement