Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I really really hate eircom

Options
  • 18-04-2007 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

First Id like to say I got broadband in late January or February on extended reach.

Now it has been causing problems ever since, Before it disconnected non stopped,it has slightly improved though.

So I did everything they told me over the Phone,I called more than 15 times Id say.They lowered down the speed as they said it would help,they did and it disconnect 5 mins in so I called them back and had it put back to 1 m.

No don't get me wrong when I say this,but it is always people who barley speak English that work in their Broadband center,Half the time they didn't understand what I said when I spoke clearly.

Last time a Indian guy answered.I told him I did everything and he then said that he could lower the speed,I explained to him that we did that and I didint work,he then said on record I did not agree with this,I thn told him what happened and he still said it didn't,He then started to give out to ME when it should be the other way around.The company really needs to pick up their act.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

You have to take Eircom's attempts to give you and kind of customer service in the manner it's intended, which is as a joke. It would probably a ****ing hilarious joke too, if you were a wealthy BMW driving Eircom executive getting rich despite the ineptitude displayed in virtually every level of the company.
    <.cg snip>
    Dont get me started.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Seloth wrote:
    First Id like to say I got broadband in late January or February on extended reach.

Now it has been causing problems ever since, Before it disconnected non stopped,it has slightly improved though.

So I did everything they told me over the Phone,I called more than 15 times Id say.They lowered down the speed as they said it would help,they did and it disconnect 5 mins in so I called them back and had it put back to 1 m.

No don't get me wrong when I say this,but it is always people who barley speak English that work in their Broadband center,Half the time they didn't understand what I said when I spoke clearly.

Last time a Indian guy answered.I told him I did everything and he then said that he could lower the speed,I explained to him that we did that and I didint work,he then said on record I did not agree with this,I thn told him what happened and he still said it didn't,He then started to give out to ME when it should be the other way around.The company really needs to pick up their act.

You say you got your bb on extended reach so presumably you are on the very edge when it comes to the limitations of bb. This is not Eircom's fault (whatever their other failings may be!) it is the technology in use.

The symptoms you describe are typical of poor line quality and the remedies they have tried i.e. reducing your speed (each increase in speed puts additional pressure on the line) are really the only things they can try to improve your situation.

Have you checked your line stats to see what they are?

This link shows how to get them for many modem/routers:

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.htm#top

If you are using the netopia as far as I know they are on the main page in the form xx/yy.

These links make for interesting reading:

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/linestats.htm

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/lowSNR.htm

Also you can maybe help yourself by checking your internal wiring - do you have any additional stuff attached to you telephone line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sobero

You have to take Eircom's attempts to give you and kind of customer service in the manner it's intended, which is as a joke. It would probably a ****ing hilarious joke too, if you were a wealthy BMW driving Eircom executive getting rich despite the ineptitude displayed in virtually every level of the company.
    <.cg snip>
    Dont get me started.

I'm already started. Getting mad, I mean, not actually started on Broadband. To be fair, I only ordered the thing on 22nd January and have been on the phone to the latchicos in the customer disservice centre a mere nine times. I also had the experience of the Asian chap (Raj, I think) giving me the stern tones. Clearly, it was my fault that Eircom hadn't dispatched the modem.

Anyhoo, having failed to get anything other than a series of lies from the disservice centre, I raised a complaint using the web-entry form on the Eircom website. This proved most effective and a lady got in touch by email to say she was on the case and then a modem arrived 4 days later (Friday 20th April 2007).

Unfortunately, I plugged the thing in, turned it on but the power LED didn't light. It's either a faulty DC supply or the modem itself. I've just emailed the nice lady asking he if she can get a new modem package sent out.

It's been over three months now since the original web order was placed. The quality of service is utterly staggering.

Advertisement