Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish Lottery Win

Options
  • 18-04-2007 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

These scammers somehow managed to get my name from somewhere (worrying) and sent me my winning notification this week :o

Is there anybody I can send this to that might actually follow it up? First time Ive seen one up close although Im sure they are landing on Irish doorsteps in their hundreds each week. What Im more annoyed about is where did these pricks get my name and address from :confused: I only moved into the house 18mths ago.

You can see how the poor aul ones get stung :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

congratulations man.
    what are you going to spend the cash on?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,890 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i won it as well - what made it better was teh fact a nigerian guy who's family have a load of money contacted me this week too - all i need to do is send him some 'leg up' cash and my bank account details, and i'' be even more loaded.

Sometimes life is just so great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

loyatemu wrote:
    congratulations man.
    what are you going to spend the cash on?

Probably a Spanish villa :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Tauren wrote:
    i won it as well - what made it better was teh fact a nigerian guy who's family have a load of money contacted me this week too - all i need to do is send him some 'leg up' cash and my bank account details, and i'' be even more loaded.

Sometimes life is just so great.

Perfect!! Tell the Nigerian guy you're really interested in his story, you'd be delighted to help him, and send him your winning Spanish lottery ticket!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Sizzler wrote:
    where did these pricks get my name and address from :confused: I only moved into the house 18mths ago.

(

Are you registered to vote ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

oleras wrote:
    Are you registered to vote ?

Yes. but not at the address they sent the letter to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Sizzler wrote:
    These scammers somehow managed to get my name from somewhere (worrying) and sent me my winning notification this week :o

Is there anybody I can send this to that might actually follow it up? First time Ive seen one up close although Im sure they are landing on Irish doorsteps in their hundreds each week. What Im more annoyed about is where did these pricks get my name and address from :confused: I only moved into the house 18mths ago.

You can see how the poor aul ones get stung :(

These guys look after these things, www.419eater.com

Advertisement