Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

question about head shaving

• 18-04-2007 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

ok this may seem like a stupid question but never get the top of my head shaved with a razor but i think i will this time for a change.

I was thinkin a 3 all over or a 4 .when its shaved will it stick up in the air if i get a 3 all over because i want it to lie flat .

would anyone know what blade Rob thomas's hair is in little wonders because i would really like my hair like that .

thanks in advance
    Bob

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Remmy wrote:
    I was thinkin a 3 all over or a 4 .when its shaved will it stick up in the air if i get a 3 all over because i want it to lie flat .

Depends on your hair. Mine would stick up. You probably want a blade 2 or less for the "shaved" look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

im not going for the "shaved look" ,i just want to get a razor cut on top and didnt want it top stick up like a tennis ball if i get a 3 all over or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

get a picture.
    go to a decent hairdresser
    show them and say "i want that"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,042 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Or else buy a blade machine, start shaving with an 8 and then work your own way down till you like the lenght.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Chunkylover

depens if you have fine or thick hair, mines fairly fine and I need to keep it below a 3 or else it sticks up, if you are going to be doing it a lot youll save a packet if you buy a shaver machine thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

hi guys thanks for the replies!

I have quite thick hair,does that mean it would lie flat or stick up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Well my hair is very thick and I look a dandelion clock after I wash it. (I need gel to calm it down).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Remmy wrote:
    hi guys thanks for the replies!

I have quite thick hair,does that mean it would lie flat or stick up?

Depends how "shaved" you want it to look :confused: If you are starting with long hair anything less than a 5 is prob gonna look shaved. If you want to see scalp then 2 or below. 3 is prob the more dignifiied version ;)
    Just go for it man, its not as if its not gonna grow back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

3 or 4 might be a little short if you want to do anything with it. Usually a 5 on the top and a 2 on the sides leaves enough room for gel etc. I do a 2 sides/4 top and it takes a few days to grow to a managable length

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

I use a 4 on top and a 3 back and sides. My hair is pretty thick. It sits up a little just after I wash it, but not fuzzy or anything. Buy your own as you can do most of it yourself and get your significant other or friend etc. to check it's all straight. I started doing that about two years ago and have probably saved a few hundred euro at this stage. Main reason was I had to drive to town, find parking and walk half a mile just to pay the barber 9 or 10 euro to do the same job. It's surprisingly easy to do it yourself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement