Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Wonder in Galway City?

Options
  • 18-04-2007 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

I'm heading up tomorrow and I'm wondering where the World of Wonder is?

The only address I could get online is:

Name: World of Wonder
    Address: West City Centre
    Shantalla
    Galway

But that's hard to find using a map. Could someone provide me better directions, maybe streets and such?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Haven't a clue mate.
    This is from a quick google http://www.galwaylive.com/WorldofWonder/
    Ask a cabbie if you get no other info here. Shantalla is not very far out but might be a bit of a walk if you don't know exactly where you're going.

World of Wonder .. hrm

I think I might know where it is. But I could be wrong (it may have changed).

As far as I know it used to be out near the back entrance of the hospital. As you're going from Rahoon-town. It's near the roundabout thats down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Across from Westside shopping centre, and next door to Aldi.
    Seamus Quirke Road is the main road that goes by them all...hope that helps ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just straight up past the hospital....basically. Can't really miss it - opposite the westside shopping center.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Best thing to do is get a taxi from the city centre, and tell him you want to go to Aldi in Westside. Not too sure who if they'd know where World Of Wonder is, but Aldi is a sure bet, and it's right next to it.

Not too sure why you want to bother with World Of Wonder though, it's quite small, and a bit far out. Smiths toys in the Galway Retail Park and Toymaster in Welpark are both vastly bigger.

• Advertisement

Yeah not just size wise, but World of Wonder isn't a great store anyway. Toymaster in Wellpark is ok but Smyths is definitely the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, they've really bugger all in there, I've popped in there once or twice when shopping in Aldi, and there's not a lot to be said about a toystore that shares it's space with a post office.

Smiths is definetly the place to go alright, but if you're over in Wellpark, I've nothing bad to say about Toymaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Where is Toymasters then? Is it easier to get to?

The reason I'm not so gone on Smyths is that I collect Transformers and they tend to only have the latest stuff in(or some of the latest stuff in, as it is now). World Of Wonders and Toymasters often have some cool backstock as far back as 2002. Any small toyshops scattered around might be useful for backstock too.

Straight down the Dublin road into town, past GMIT and Bradley Motors. It's in the Wellpark estate - behind the G Hotel, which on on the main road so you can't miss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Is that within walking distance of the city centre? If so, how long does it take and which direction should I set off in? Thanks.

• Advertisement

Rozie wrote:
    Is that within walking distance of the city centre? If so, how long does it take and which direction should I set off in? Thanks.

It's between a 10-15 minute walk. Hrm.. which is the best way to go there?

Go to the back of Eyre Square near where the old Great Southern is (The Meyrick .. or something?) and turn left where you pass the Bus Station. You know you're going the right way because on the left hand side of that road is a Centra, An Pucan pub, and continue walking up this road. You'll pass the back entrance to the Bus Station on the right. Continue straight past this and you'll come to a hill. Go up that hill. Once again you'll know you're going the right way as you'll pass the Greyhound track on your left.

Keep going straight past this and you come to an intersection. On your right is the lake (you can take a short-cut through the green area there and end up right in front of the G-hotel and the Eye Cinema.) Straight ahead of this is a statoil station. And beyond that is a roundabout. Continue straight passed both of these and you'll find a secondary school on the left called Galway Community College. Right opposite this is the Wellpark retail park and inside of this is Toymaster.

There's other ways to walk out here, but this is my favourite. Hope that helps

Or just get the Lisbeg Lawn or Merlin park shuttles from Eyre Square. All will stop outside Wellpark. There's others as well but they sometimes go different routes...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Why not try Sub City down stairs in Corbet Court, they sell loads of figures from tv shows and movies, they might have transformers or they will tell you where to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Yeah guy in Sub City is always helpful.

Advertisement