Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Clearwire

Options
  • 18-04-2007 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, got eircom installed today, its not perfect but i think the problems im having could be sorted. Anyway, can any advise me on the best way to cancel clearwire..... what are they likely to do (or not do), say to me on the phone etc....

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi guys, got eircom installed today, its not perfect but i think the problems im having could be sorted. Anyway, can any advise me on the best way to cancel clearwire..... what are they likely to do (or not do), say to me on the phone etc....

Well from one of your previous posts it looks like you are still in your 12 month contract with Clearwire so they are going to say to you on the phone that you will have to pay them a lot of money! All of this sort of stuff is readily available on the Clearwire site by the way! www.clearwire.ie!
    23. Termination/Early Termination Fee. You shall maintain Service for the duration of any minimum Initial Term (as set forth on the Order Form)..You may terminate the Service after the end of the Initial Term by contacting Clearwire’s Customer Care department as set forth at www.clearwire.ie and giving at least thirty (30) notice of termination. If you terminate your Service for any reason or your Service is terminated by Clearwire for any violation of the Agreement prior to the end of the Initial Term, you will be liable for an early termination fee of €120, or such other early termination fee as may be specified on your Order Form. Upon termination of this Agreement, unless you purchased the Equipment as provided above, you will be responsible for the costs and risks associated with returning the Equipment to Clearwire. You must return the rented Equipment to Clearwire in good working order, reasonable wear and tear excepted, in accordance with Clearwire’s return policy set forth at www.clearwire.ie. If you do not immediately return the Equipment in good working order, Clearwire may charge your Card account for €250, which you agree is an appropriate charge in light of the value of the Equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

thanks, so the max i should have to pay is 120 euro. I heard of people having trouble with direct debit cancellations etc....?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I canceled via e-mail, got answer that they tried to contact me to discuss me staying, told them, NO!

I called to cancel and got told "you will be called back".

I wrote in writing that I cancel, no answer.

I send the modem back, came back with AnPost as "refused"

I told my bank to decline charges from my cc, answer: CC card's don't have direct debit rights, so once you authorize them to take they can take. You need to dispute charge after charge after charge.

Take Clear$hite and you suffer....

I think of dropping over the modem in person with people witnessing that I dropped it!

To insult me further, I'm getting regular flyers in my mailbox, subscribe now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

In my cooling off period, I drove to their office to leave the modem back and used comreg to get my money back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

i just checked my clearwire invoices there, im actually with them about 9 and half - 10 months at this stage. So it would actually save me money to keep it until the end of the 12 package. Considering that could i say give the modem to a friend or something for the next 2 months.....?

Secondly we referred 2 people to sign up to clearwire - this should mean that we get 2 free months -of course we havnt, any advice on what to do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

ring up your bank and ask them to cancel the direct debit payment.

effectivly they won't get paid and can't withdrawl from your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

haha...never put DD on your credit card...dodgey as hell.

I cancelled Clearwire after 4 months once proper phoneline broadband became available to me. Just sent back the modem with a covering letter pointing out all the problems I had with them and a list of the times and dates I had to ring them on. Cancelled my DD with the bank and never heard from them again.

Shower of cowboys!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

So there I stand in my local (Swords) Post office and hand over my package to ClearWire with the comment "I would like to send it so that they need to sign for it".

Post Mistress: "Oh another ClearWire One" pointing to a couple of packages in the cornder. "You know this is Free Post, you don't need to pay".

Me: "you get a lot of them".

Post Mistress: "Sure, every day, a lot of people seem unhappy with them".

Me: "Well they are bad, still, if you could as registered please just to be sure".

Post Mistress: "Sure, that's what a lot of people say".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭DamoVOTF

I been with them a year and a half now, just cause no other service is available.

Believe me for what they call 'broadband' they will not be getting another cent out of me when I move home at the end of next month.

All the sh1te I have gone through is unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

^ I'm the same its the only one available to me...its absolute ****e though, i've heard so many people say that they have gotten absolutely terrible service from them. You go for periods of not gettin any service at all and when you call them up you dont get an answer. Not to mention never getting invoices!! Last week i nearly had a heart attack when actually got an invoice from them and it was EARLY! When i move in october im just cancelling it and telling them to shove off if they complain.

• Advertisement
Advertisement