Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pubs and clubs

Options
  • 18-04-2007 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi, new to cork city. could anyone advise on a few decent pubs and clubs in the city centre?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭MLM

It really depends what scene you're into. As for Indie/Alternative try An Brog, Mutton Lane, The Oval. The Slate, Tom Barry's, The Quad, Fred Zepplins, and many more.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭rebs23

If you're into clubs then the Everyman on Fridays (older crowd/mixed bag music wise), the Savoy on Fridays, on Saturdays you have Fast Eddies on Tuckey St for Greg and Shane Deep House.
    Other places worth checking out the Roundy, SoHo. Really does depend on what you're into. House? Indie? Pulling?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭juanveron45

as a matter of interest ,whats best for pulling?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Go to the Brog. Everyone always ends up in the Brog.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

it'd definately have to be the mutton lane inn....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Eurgh, the Brog. Well, I suppose if you want to be surrounded by drunk 19-year-olds and listening to the same set of songs every weekend, then yeah, it's a good idea.*

Otherwise, the Slate, Sober Lane, Mutton Lane, or Fredz would be my suggestions. Franciscan Well is good though a bit out of the way, as is Fionnbarras, but both have beer gardens. The Bierhaus is a grand spot too.

*Personally, I prefer being surrounded by drunk boardsies like adam, because that way at least there's entertainment, plus it gives me a chance to try and not be the most obnoxious person around...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

now lets get something straight.... exactly how drunk are these 19 year olds? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

the crane lane is meant to be taking the older brog crowd because of the younger ppl going into the brog. so I hear...

pulling? fast eddies! :P even though it's crap

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

rymus wrote:
    now lets get something straight.... exactly how drunk are these 19 year olds? :D

Sadly I couldn't tell you, the last few times I was there I had to get very very drunk in order to avoid the urge to kill either myself or (preferably) everyone else in the place. Probably not as drunk as they let on, though...

And yeah, Crane Lane > Brog for all values of Crane Lane and Brog. Plus there's none of that gammy smell (that one of the doormen claimed was from one of the places inside the English Market, though I have my doubts...)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

jaysus man go to cubins to pull haha or redz

i wouldnt recommend fredz its full of blokes no women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

Eurgh, the Brog. Well, I suppose if you want to be surrounded by drunk 19-year-olds and listening to the same set of songs every weekend, then yeah, it's a good idea.

Lol!Was there last night and yes it was full of them.I'm nearly 19 myself so i don't give a crap cos girls there are easy but not in a slutty kind of way!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

it all depends on your age and what type of places / music u like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

iv ended up many a night singing queen into a bulmers bottle by the end of the night in the brog. if you want to pull clubbing wise cubins def or else the catwalk or something like everyone else says whatever your into

Got me a drunk 19 year old in the Bróg last night ^_^

Goddamnit, looks like I've united folks into championing the Brog on the strength of its 19 year old girl quotient. Not quite the expected reaction, but I should have seen it coming, I suppose. (Go on, someone make a joke about "Should have seen them coming"....)

You really should've.. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

as a matter of interest ,whats best for pulling?
    The Bailey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Hate the brog always feel its full of pretentious gits. Like Slainte, oval, spailpin fainacht, mutton lane, fionn barras, tom barrys, sin e, corner house, raven, crane lane. Clubs none really good for years now usually end up in havanna browns / classic / everyman pallace. Im 28 and mostly like rock n roll

Advertisement