Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Linkin Park revamped?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Ah come on guys give em a break there are worse bands and music than Linkin Park out there, some of their first album was good for a few listens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

new song sucks ass. the video is ****. its just more 'stop the war' crap. nu metal is dead, this will prob be their last album unless they jump on the emo band wagon which everyone seems to be doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Infection_

They're going for the post-hardcore/emo sound, which is basically what the popular music is today, while back in the day it was nu metal. Also, seems they've gone for the typical liberal, political type of music.

****ing pathetic, clearly it's now 100% money orientated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Patricide wrote:
    Seconded

Thirded.

But seriously....99 bitches etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Infection_ wrote:
    They're going for the post-hardcore/emo sound
    I do hope you're not attempting to use the terms 'post-hardcore' and 'emo' as wholly interchangeable there, bub. Care to explain what makes this new track's sound any more "post-hardcore/emo" than previous LP?
    wrote:
    unless they jump on the emo band wagon which everyone seems to be doing
    Like everyone seems to be doing? OK, I guess that's at least an exaggeration, which would be fair enough, but I would ask the question, is anyone you can mention really doing that? Switching 'bandwagons', that is. And if they are / anyone is doing it, what makes you so sure they're doing so solely for money or mainstream popularity and not because their musical taste or orientation has changed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,867 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Incubus? Rap? eh.....what? There was SCIENCE (the madness...and look a little girl giggling at a hippopotamus. I wonder why...) and then when have they EVER done anything rap? Anna Molly, ftw.

Lostprophets chameleons? Probably. Hell if I know I only picked them up at the Liberation - I got Start something and the Fake Sound of Progress, and I see where you're coming from.

Linkin Park doing it? I wouldn't be surprised, but then they've always been rather experimental haven't they? They nearly created a genre unto themselves with Hybrid Theory so quit your whining.

As for this new album I've only given everything a once-over on blogmusik (its certified legal btw!) but I keep going back to play Given Up. I'll certainly be up for the purchase.

EDIT: can't blame them for trying to be somewhat conformist. The music industry isn't like contemporary art where you can expect something good to shoot up in value when you're dead. When you die, your music will end up on the public domain very quickly; especially if you can't afford to have someone look after it when you're gone.
    The end result is if you are in the music industry you will not get anywhere and your voice will not echo without the resources to send it to the masses. And you certainly won't make a living if nobody listens to it.

Its the same with anything really: if you don't relate to your target they won't listen. Poets know this, painters know this, politicians and teachers and parents know this.
    So forgive them if they want you to listen to what they have to say - which in the case of that music video (which isn't to my taste...Christ, Chester; why the fonz look?) is about us ****ing the planet: something I happen to agree with them on.

EDIT2: in fact, I don't think I've ever liked their videos :p except breakin' the habit. Usually because I end up drawing while I listen to them.

Advertisement