Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy House alarm

Options
  • 19-04-2007 6:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭

Hi guys/gals first time poster on this forum. Looking for any input I can get about house alarms.
    I dont even use mine any more but lately it has started going off by itself regardless of the fact that I dont even turn it on anymore. It went off just after 4am this morning even though I had pulled the fuse out yesterday. I now realise that the battery may have played a part in getting it going again but I'm totally stumped on why it's going off. Can't afford to call someone out really, and the instruction booklet is useless, called the manufacturer and the phone number doesn't even work, yeah it's old heh.
    So I took the cover off the alarm console and disconnected all of the wiring, the damn outside alarm still kept going, this went on for about 90 minutes.
    Called my poor bro in law who happens to be an electrician at about 04:50 this morning (he will thank me later no doubt)
    and he said that the box outside has to be disconnected from outside. If only I had a ladder.
    My neighbours were knocking on the door wondering what was going on.
    Head slightly melted.......
    Any input would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Ok got it sorted out. Long story short, the battery in the alarm box outside powered the alarm and a dodgy battery inside the house caused the alarm to go off in the first place.

Advertisement