Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neary's mistake to cost Irish tax payers 40 million Euro

Options
  • 19-04-2007 6:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

While the Irish tax payer shoulders the burden of Neary's mistakes it is obvious that NO ONE is being held accountable for the fact that he was allowed to practise for so long and continue to ruin women's lives.

It seems we have learnt nothing from this episode and to me it is a clear indication that it will happen again. And Mary Harney wants to gag consultants from whistleblowing in her new contract. A sure sign of progress!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭banaman

why should the religious order which employed him and the medical council which exonerated him not bear some of the responsibility and therefore some of the cost?
    And PLEASE dont tell me the poor oul religious orders are broke the Catholic Church is worth billions and it uses this idea that its affiliated orders are poor, presumably because they own nothing having passed it all up the chain to the Vatican, to avoid their responsibilities e.g. the whole paedophile priests debacle.
    Why should I pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

why should the religious order which employed him and the medical council which exonerated him not bear some of the responsibility and therefore some of the cost?

Because the MMM sold it to the state for £5 million which is nothing of its worth. It was run better by three nuns that by mary harney are her HUA lackies.
    FFS the head of the health board prof whatshis name got a E36,000 BONUS. Thats a nurses pay for the year...

Additionally Im sure we will see an increase in dead women as gynecologists will be afraid to perform hysterectomies incase they get sued. The adge better safe than sorry. Would it be better if had just let them die, that way he would still have his job and not cost 'you' money.

Amazing how they cant afford to pay nurses yet can give bonus', pay TDs and give a 40 mil compensation..:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 thebitterpill

Spyral wrote:

Additionally Im sure we will see an increase in dead women as gynecologists will be afraid to perform hysterectomies incase they get sued. The adge better safe than sorry. Would it be better if had just let them die, that way he would still have his job and not cost 'you' money.

This statement is wrong on so many levels. Best medical practise is well defined, researched and documented. Gynaecologists who follow accepted standards of best practise will not get sued (at least not successfully). His procedures were not life saving, this is well established. The hysterectomies were UNNECESSARY.
    Amazing how they cant afford to pay nurses yet can give bonus', pay TDs and give a 40 mil compensation..:mad:

I don't know about TD's but the injustice done to those women certainly warrants adequate compensation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

His procedures were not life saving, this is well established. The hysterectomies were UNNECESSARY.

As a doctor and expert in his field he would have had to act, doing what he thought best in his opinion keeping in mind the welfare of the patient.

As the charts went 'missing' I dont even see what proof there was that he actually did anything wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Spyral wrote:
    As a doctor and expert in his field he would have had to act, doing what he thought best in his opinion keeping in mind the welfare of the patient.

As the charts went 'missing' I dont even see what proof there was that he actually did anything wrong.

:eek:

Well you see there was this little inquiry held to investigate Neary's practices. They determined that there was plenty of proof that he did something wrong. Plus the fact that the medical council struck him off, finding him unfit to continue practicing medicine. Oh and the countless doctors that have examined the women he operated on and determined that the operations he performed on them were unnecessary.

I could probably go on...

• Advertisement
Advertisement