Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier League - Week 12

Options
  • 19-04-2007 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Tonight's Fixtures:
    King George's Hall, Blackburn

Terry Jenkins v Adrian Lewis
    Peter Manley v Roland Scholten
    Dennis Priestley v Raymond van Barneveld
    Colin Lloyd v Phil Taylor

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

There are some good fixtures on tonight, we should be in for a few close games.

First up is Lewis against Jenkins. Lewis has played very well for the last two weeks. I think he has realised that he isnt going to qualify so the pressure is off him. He seems to be concentrating better and not letting the crowd or his opponent get to him. Jenkins was a little unlucky against Barney because he should have gone into the break 4-2 up but he missed his doubles. He has been in good from lately though and is very consistant. This will be a close match but if the Lewis of the past two weeks turns up then he will win but I think the draw is a likely result in this one.

Next up is Manley against Scholten. Both of these players are very inconsistant, they can be good one week and awful the next. Manly got a right beating 8-1 by Taylor last week but he actually played well and had his chances. His end average was close to 97 which was his best of the tournament. Scholten lost 8-4 to a resurgant Colin Lloyd in what was a poor enough performance. I still think that Scholtens scoring power will shine through in this match and he will nick the win. Scholten to win and to score more 180's.

Third up is Priestley against Barney. Priestley has beeb slipping up a bit recently and this may be getting to him. he let a lead slip against Lewis last week and has been struggling to find a win. Maybe he is relaxinga bit because he thinks he is through but he needs to up his game. Barney has been another one struggling but the win over Jenkins will have given him some breathing space. He played some great darts after the break and looks like he is back in form. Its hard to see past a Barney win in this and for him to score more 180's.

Last match of the night see's the two in form players meet, Lloyd and Taylor. Lloys has been playing some great darts but I feel he has left it too late to qualify. He ha sto beat Taylor tonight to stand any chance of going through but Lloyd has never beaten Taylor on TV before and this will be playing on his mind. Taylor has been fantastic in recent weeks and looks unbeatable. I cant see that changing tonight even though I would love Lloyd to win. Taylor to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Results:

Terry Jenkins 8 Adrian Lewis 5
    Peter Manley 4 Roland Scholten 8
    Dennis Priestley 4 Raymond van Barneveld 8
    Colin Lloyd 3 Phil Taylor 8

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

What an amazing leg of darts the 4th leg in the Barney Priestley match was. Both players were on 9-darters because both of them got two 180's. Barney hit the 7th 180 as well but missed the T19, Priestley missed the 7th T20. So there was 13 T20's hit in a row. Amazing stuff. If Barney had hit the 9-darter Priestley could have lost a leg where he averaged 180 :eek:

So the top 4 have been decided, Taylor, Barney, Jenkins and Priestley (barring a miracle) are through, the only thing to be decided is in which order. Taylor cant be caught at the top so he wins the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭mickith

thanks for posting the results lads. just managed to catch that leg of preistly and barny. what an amazin leg of darts. so close. great to watch
    hope theres more of the same in the semis and final

Advertisement