Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goth style clothes shops in Cork?

Options
  • 19-04-2007 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Going to Cork for the weekend and my daughter is into Goth clothes. Please, anybody recommend some shops in the city centre where I can buy these. Also any shops that sell tshirts etc with music band names on them.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭rebs23

There was one in the Paul St shopping centre but I am not sure if it still there as the centre has recently fitted one of those teenager repellant devices on the plaza outside. People are calling it the "Goth Repellant".:D

There was/is one on Castle st up from Paul St as well but as my goth days are decades behind me now I am not sure where else. Anywhere around the Paul St area would be a good place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Also any shops that sell tshirts etc with music band names on them

That could be quite dangerous if you end up with the wrong band, but I think* there's also one upstairs in the Merchants Quay shopping centre at the corner of Patrick Street.

* it's been years since I've been in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 madamebutterfly

:) Thanks, they're a big help! Will check them out. Fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, I think there's two in Paul Street shopping centre, both next to the entrance. The T-shirt printing shop is upstairs in Merchant's Quay and they have plenty of band stuff. The shop on Castle street is gone.

Hmm, where else is there? Actually, you can generally get good Goth-y accessories in Claires, on Patrick's Street. I can't think of anywhere else right now!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

There used to be a place way up on Shandon hill that was very good for clothing and accessories, but I haven't been round there in 2 years so it may not exist any more. (Sorry, I know that's not particularly helpful but there's not many places in Cork that do this kind of thing). There's also a place in the English market that does band stuff and accessories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

rebs23 wrote:
    the centre has recently fitted one of those teenager repellant devices on the plaza outside. People are calling it the "Goth Repellant".:D

Lol, what? More info.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

funky skunk near chorus building sells loads of clothes

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Kold wrote:
    Lol, what? More info.

It's one of those weird alarm type things - it emits a quiet yet inmensely annoying high-pitch sound, kind of like having the world's biggest mosquito buzzing around the place. The idea is to stop the minigoths loitering near the entrance to the shopping centre...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Ye I know what you're on about, I get a headache everytime I go near the shopping centre. Not a big fan of those things, they shouldn't use it where it can have an effect on other patrons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

the rave cave in the English market?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

the rave cave in the English market?
    Is that still there? Wow, that takes me back . . .

funky skunky try there

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭rebs23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

could try upstairs in merchants quay, there's a shop there that does kinda black hoodies and stuff i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

There's the Funky Skunk, Moonshine in Paul St, and the Rave Cave in the English market. z13 and that place on shandon hill are long gone. Cork is fairly crap for goth clothes to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Castle Street,Georges Quay are all i can think of. I remember back in the day that McCarthys used to do some clothes down by the Coal Quay

on a saturday there is a cool stall selling all alternative clothes,goth,punk and loads more its on the coal quay only there one day a week though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 madamebutterfly

Where is the Coal Quay please? Will be in Cork on a Saturday so if I can locate it I'll give it a try, thanks.

around the corner from virgin,walk towards the bodega pub, you can see all the stalls from virgin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Funky Skunk is moved now from Hanover Place (I think that's the street?) to George's Quay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement