Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro

Options
  • 19-04-2007 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭

Sorry lads if it has been posted before. I've been looking to get broadband in at the house. Whats the 3mb metro service like. It has a contention of 36:1 which I would prefer to be lower. I'd be looking at playing games on the connection. Has anyone any experience with it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I had the 3mb service in Dundalk about 2 years ago now, pings were fine in game for me for UT2k4, Quake3 etc.

Unfortunately I moved house, and was unable to get it :(

Never really had a problem drawing down the full 3Mb, is there anyone nearby you can test it with ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

zabbo wrote:
    I had the 3mb service in Dundalk about 2 years ago now, pings were fine in game for me for UT2k4, Quake3 etc.

Unfortunately I moved house, and was unable to get it :(

Never really had a problem drawing down the full 3Mb, is there anyone nearby you can test it with ?

Unfortunately not. Who are you with now? I am going to order this morning and was looking again at IBB. Anyone know what their service is like in Dundalk at the mo?

I am swaying towards Digiweb though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I'm with BT now, moved outskirts of Dundalk, the price of Metro is a winner.

zabbo wrote:
    I'm with BT now, moved outskirts of Dundalk, the price of Metro is a winner.

I was thinking the same. It's a good deal. Feck it, I'll go with that so. Know a few people in there so if it's not working properly they will be getting an earful (and then a pint when it's sorted).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Has anyone gone plus from standard? Does the speed change much or is it still super contended like normal?

• Advertisement

Bit the bullet and ordered it there. Fifteen bastard days though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭ladylorenzo

15 days ago??I ordered the metrolite package almost 60 days ago(paid for the year upfront) and still no sign. We've called their customes services department on a number of occasions and they try to put you through to the installers who simply dont answer. It is an absolute disgrace. I am all for enterprise and Digiweb have come a long way but to have to wait this long for connection is simply incredulous and they dont deserve the respect of the consumer.We will be cancelling our order today...If you can avoid them, DO! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

petes wrote:
    Sorry lads if it has been posted before. I've been looking to get broadband in at the house. Whats the 3mb metro service like. It has a contention of 36:1 which I would prefer to be lower. I'd be looking at playing games on the connection. Has anyone any experience with it?

Thanks.

lots of experience with them. i have metro 3meg 4 nearly a year now.
    have to say when it works its amazing,but when it aint its cr@p.
    at a guess i have 1 bad month outta every 4

there support has been very poor with the experience i have had dealing with them bar the last time. the guy i was dealing on the phone was honest and actually rang me back.the engineer actually turned up this time and was fairly helpfull.

now about the gaming.i run a bf 1942 server hehe sorry i have to plug it 217.163.25.102. its based in london and i get around a 25-40 ping most nights with no lag whatsoever.same applies whatever server i play on.BUT AND I MEAN BUT thats the case when its working normally.

so i hope this helps(i doubt it).it pots luck what u get with them.

regards keith.

p.s i'm very close to the threerock mast.lol meant to be one of the busiest in the country.

Advertisement