Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trade-in deals - Part II

• 19-04-2007 9:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭

I'm pondering and pondering and pondering... I swore a long time ago not to get multiple current-gen consoles again, and I have a (well-dusty) Wii, but in the end I still feel as I'm missing out without a 360 :(

Has anyone here traded in a previous-gen bundle (XB1, PS2, etc.) for a next-gen bundle (XB360)?

Can anyone tell me if gamestop, xtravision etc. still have such offers as trade a PS2 + bits against a 360 for 99 yoyos etc.?

Would I be better off selling on adverts.ie?

Bundle I've got to trade is a PS2 slimline fully boxed, 2 PSUs (don't ask!), 2 dual shocks, composite (+ scart adapter) and component cables, Sony dvd remote, Conflict Vietnam, Soul Calibur III, Battlefield 2 MC, Toca 3, Wipeout Fusion, Nemo, the Incredibles, Call of Duty III (all boxed with inst. and in pretty decent nick).

What value do you reckon, for adverts and/or part-ex. @ gamestop or xtravision?

EDIT - This is most definitely not a veiled FS thread, do not make any offers for the bundle or anything in it. It's just a thread to help me make my mind up, which at the moment is quite befuddled.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Yeah im fairly sure gamestop and game will take old consoles, but dont expect much for them. I think the going rate for an old style ps2 is only around 40 euro, ditto for an xbox.

Gamestop were doing a deal a while back were you got €100 off a 360 when you traded in a console with four games (DS, PS2 & PSP, offer not extended to XB).
    Ok if you have an old type PS2 lying around but a bad deal on a PSP or DS.
    Personally I'd stay away from Gamestop when it comes to trade ins and deals, go to Xtravision and put your stuff up on adverts.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭anto1208

i traded my slim ps2 for a ps3 i got 75 euro they offered me 30 for the xbox so i kept it . dont expect much for games

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

they offer €1 per original xbox game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Whats it like for Xtravision? I have a PS2 plus like 10 games... Won't need them if I get a 360.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Kanney wrote:
    Whats it like for Xtravision? I have a PS2 plus like 10 games... Won't need them if I get a 360.

Xtravision dont take hardware, just games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Okay... I'm going to the States for 2 weeks in June/May... Wondering wether to get one before or after, tis all aboot wether or not it will be there (xtravision 400 deal)... Rock¦Me¦Hard Place

Advertisement