Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Amsterdam

Options
  • 19-04-2007 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭

hi, i'm going on Erasmus for a year to Amsterdam in September and i was wondering if anyone here has ever lived there? i've visited twice and been in Eindhoven once and i really like the Netherlands and Dutch people, was just hoping someone could give me a few insights as to what actually living there is like? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Amsterdam is fantastic place to live, I really miss it.

Accommodation is a bitch but maybe you're sorted for on campus if not I can offer some tips on good areas. Obviously you get a bike straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

The university i'm going to doesn't have a campus, but they organise accommodation through this group. Do you recognise any of the areas there? which ones are nice? is there any dodgy areas in Amsterdam? i didn't really come across any unsavoury streets over there. Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Nah, most areas are pretty good in Amsterdam. De Pijp is a cool area and probably the most reasonably priced/closest to the centre that you'll find.

http://www.expatica.com/actual/article.asp?subchannel_id=4&story_id=652ousing

Advertisement