Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PiP

Options
  • 19-04-2007 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a philips 42" LCD tv and was messing around with the Picture in Picture settings, does anybody know how this works?
    I thought you could check another channel while watching one but it seems to only allow the hdmi channel to be selected?
    Any advice anyone?
    Thanks
    Sham

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

I think that most sets will only allow you the PiP to be from a different source (unless the set has twin tuners).
    e.g. you could have tv from your aerial and PiP from Sky (if it's connected by SCART or HDMI). Or you could watch a DVD and have a PiP from RTE.

If the TV has twin tuners, then you could have RTE1 and RTE2 on screen together (from the aerial)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

thought as much but wasnt 100% sure.
    Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

From NTL decoder I can get a digital signal & an analogue signal.

does that mean that PiP would work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

brian1976 wrote:
    From NTL decoder I can get a digital signal & an analogue signal.

does that mean that PiP would work?

yeah. one pic from digital, one from analogue.

Advertisement