Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi specials

Options
  • 19-04-2007 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

Dropped into aldi this morning to get a pair of running trousers... to cycle in. Anyway I see from next thursday they have a load of cycling stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Yeah the stuff looks a lot better than tha lidl stuff anyway.

I got some of the winter gear in ALDI last september and it was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

It does look like much better quality than the lidl stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Membrane

mloc123 wrote:
    Anyway I see from next thursday they have a load of cycling stuff.

For those of us who haven't seen the window posters or the paper version, any clues as to what they will be offering? (it isn't on their website yet)

Off the top of my head...

Helmets
    Locks
    Jackets
    Gillet Jackets
    Jerseys
    Shorts
    Padded underwear
    Glasses
    Leg/arm warmers
    Pump
    Computer
    Bottles/Cages

Few other things aswell.

Membrane wrote:
    For those of us who haven't seen the window posters or the paper version, any clues as to what they will be offering? (it isn't on their website yet)

Their UK website now has the items listed: http://uk.aldi.com/special_buys/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Those glasses look OK for €3.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

el tel wrote:
    Those glasses look OK for €3.99.

those glasses are great! got 4 pairs last year when they were a fiver - came with holder, different lenses, cleaning cloth etc... still have them and they are the biz...:)

Anyone pick up stuff this morning? Seemed to be loads left when I was in at 11 in Celbridge. Got a pair of shorts, wanna get some gloves this evevning if there are any left.

mloc123 wrote:
    Anyone pick up stuff this morning? Seemed to be loads left when I was in at 11 in Celbridge. Got a pair of shorts, wanna get some gloves this evevning if there are any left.

I was in Rathmines @ 09:00, got a bottle, handy because unlike most the holder has clamps (second bottle on the bike which only has one set of attachment points), a computer & a pair of socks.

Bottle itself is not great, I hadn't considered the pros and cons of aluminium, but on trying it out I realized that you can't squeeze aluminium (duh), the standard amount that comes out is not enough for me, and the cap is a bit sh%te. But I'll use it to fill up my regular plastic bottle. The (plastic) bottle holder isn't great either, the bottle stays in the holder only through gravity.

I hadn't planned on getting anything else, but it wasn't quite the typical "feeding frenzy at the zoo", so I had a look at the jerseys and the shorts, liked them both so bought those also.

Picked up a pump(that I'll be bringing back tomorrow) and a set of arm warmers on the way home. Arm warners seem good, handy for those long cycles that start in the sun and finish alot later :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Got rain jacket, shorts, gloves & jersey. very little left this evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Gah! Went to Rathmines and then Parnell St this evening, but no shorts left which is what I was really after. Gloves a bargain though and also got the arm/leg warmers. If anyone spots any shorts left do post where.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭mockerydawg

Not many jerseys left but loads of shorts were there yesterday. However 'there' is aldi in grange, cork. Not sure if its worth the saving of making the trip to there and back...
    All out of sunglasses, thats all i wanted. But then saw the jerseys, seems like great value and the look good so picked up one for me and the missus. And sure its only 7 euro, if they only last a couple of rides I wont be crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Off to Cork so- they'd better still be there when I get there!

Advertisement