Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap bike

Options
  • 19-04-2007 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭

Lo all.

The Missus has commanded me to find her a relitivly cheap bicycle.

Now I thought i'd ask people in the know about any special deals they've come across. Just want something decent but not too expensive.

These days I have no idea how much a bike is worth so any price bracket suggestions are welcome also.

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you want cheap then go second hand, the cheap aldi/dunnes/supervalu bikes wont last pissing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

There is a newport "planet" ladys bike in most of the shops. It is bout the cheapest new bike with all alloy parts and piano key gears (or whatever they are called). I just bought my girlfriend one and she loves the hybrid upright style of it. Very heavy but solid enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

€250 will get you a bottom-of-the-range ladies mountain bike from a "name" brand like Giant or Raleigh. Check out www.cyclesuperstore.ie for some examples of fairly cheap ladies bikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Cheers lads, yer stars!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Shaymoboy

It might be worth considering a cheap folding bike. You would pick up a half decent one on Ebay for 250 Euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

try sterlinghouse.co.uk
    new bikes from £50
    deliverly £15
    im thinking about getting one myself

Advertisement