Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Say hello to my liddle friend - ComReg stand at RDS April 25th and 26th

Options
  • 19-04-2007 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

ComReg are pleased to announce they are going to have a stand at the Technology for Business Exhibition 2007 in the RDS on the 25 and 26 April. They want people to come along and check out their CallCosts.ie website. Why not going along and let them know about any other issues you are having such as broadband availability or billing issues. I'm sure they'll be only delighted to help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Is it too late for us to get a stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

damien.m wrote:
    ComReg are...only delighted to help.

The flock of pigs perched on the "telegraph" wires will give you the clues necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

telegraph + keyboard = Teleprinter & Telex. Max speed about 75 baud. Typical real speed about 20 bps. About 2,000 times slower than current dialup modems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

watty wrote:
    telegraph + keyboard = Teleprinter & Telex. Max speed about 75 baud. Typical real speed about 20 bps. About 2,000 times slower than current dialup modems.

You're confusing buad rate with data rate, which are only the same for binary transmission.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Damn, didn't realise I had posted in After Hours.

• Advertisement

Oh yea sorry, forgot the obligatory "*Comreg are crap" message.

*Their actually one of the best Communications regulators in the world. The evidence of this was on display at the dyspan conference in Dublin today and yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Boston wrote:
    You're confusing buad rate with data rate, which are only the same for binary transmission.
    Yes Baud rate and bit rate are not the same. And can be different even for binary transmission.

The speed of the telex transmission was indeed 75 Baud

the characters used I think 5 or 6 bits, not 8, the real transmission speed was often the typists real time speed. 20bps is an estimate.

Ah I see what you ment now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

cgarvey wrote:
    Is it too late for us to get a stand?
    Is it too late to get tshirts printed?

I'm With Stupid ???

adam

dahamsta wrote:
    Is it too late to get tshirts printed?

I'm With Stupid ???

adam

Name one good thing about Comreg.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

How about "ComReg Quarterly Reports Are A Pack Of Lies"? Or a picture of Saddam Hussein's propaganda minister with a speech bubble saying "the internet market in ireland is great". I think someone drew up something like that years ago in fact! :)

Advertisement