Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice needed brothers...

• 19-04-2007 12:37pm
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right brothers, I have a confession to make...

I'm giving the frys a miss, cutting down on the rubbish that i eat, cutting out the fizzy drinks, sweets, all the fattening stuff.
    I'm cycling to work now, cycling to college, all in the name to lose this dreaded beer belly.

I have an Issue.

I've been Granted a Head of Jet black hair, anyone who knows me will know how black it is,

heres the Problem.
    over the last year or so, i've been getting grey hairs, first a few, one at front, 2-3 near the back, i thought, "ah i'll just pluck them out"

now i'm getting worried. They are getting orginised. they are getting into formation,

i woke up this morning and proceded to pull 11 grey hairs out of my head.

should i give up? go the route of the bald eagle and shave all the hair off? let nature take its course and relise that i'm turing into my father ( full head of grey hair by 25)? i dont want to start dyeing it, i couldnt face the ordeal of dying my hair.

I need advice brothers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I'm giving the frys a miss, cutting down on the rubbish that i eat, cutting out the fizzy drinks, sweets, all the fattening stuff.
    I'm cycling to work now, cycling to college, all in the name to lose this dreaded beer belly.

I have an Issue.

You are in the wrong forums agent smith :eek:
    I think you meant to select PI :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Let it be. Don't go down that road of worrying about it. Everyone has a certain amount of vanity, but some people go over the top.

Some of the wimmen folk say its quite distinguished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

shave your head, take a year off and go travelling. start a new life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Wheras getting in shape might be considered noble and manly,Agent Smith,fretting over a few grey hairs,and worse PLUCKING them,is verging on the womanly if you dont mind me saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭imeatingchips

what kind of sheeeeeyite are you spouting??? go to www.girlyboys.com or www.metrosexualman.com/beautytips.

jesus christ. mod, can we get a lock on this?????????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

The only grey hair you need worry about is when you have tufts of it hanging out of your nose. And then, its only because it leaves brush marks in a guinness head / fresh cream bun.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

You mean you're turning into a feckin' woman ???

Let us know how you get on with the monthlies.........

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Ban him!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

as a founding member of this forum i plead to be heard out....

Teh wimmin have been commenting on the grey hairs, now if we cant keep them even slightly happy, then who's going to get me a cool beer when the rugbys on?

are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Referring to your gut as "Dreaded" is doing you no favours, brother Agent.

If you're worried about who will get beers when the rugby is on, you could always meet me and Eoin_S for beers next time there's a decent match on telly. That way there'll be a nice attractive lounge girl to bring your beers (and ours).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

I bought you an icy cold beer at Boards beers despite the grey hairs!

then who's going to get me a cool beer when the rugbys on?

How about your boyfriend... ye big pansy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Just so you know Joe, if you pull one out, 7 grow back in it's place.
    7 x 11 = 77 grey newbies by the end of the month.

My PI advice would be:
    Get over it ya big girls blouse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I'm cycling to work now, cycling to college, all in the name to lose this dreaded beer belly.QUOTE]

MMM the problem is your getting stressed from cycling and your diet is lacking a certain amount of fats.

Stop cycling and drink fiizy drink and sweets and rubbish and they grey hair will go away. if not make sure you wear a lumionus jacket because i'll bleeding knock ya down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

over the last year or so, i've been getting grey hairs, first a few, one at front, 2-3 near the back...
    "agent smith the boy" becomes "agent smith the man" :)
    ...i dont want to start dyeing it, i couldnt face the ordeal of dying my hair
    "agent smith the man" becomes "agent smith the big girl's blouse" :(

Maybe wear silver eye-shadow & nail varnish to compliment it? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

I have an Issue.

I've been Granted a Head of Jet black hair, anyone who knows me will know how black it is,

heres the Problem.
    over the last year or so, i've been getting grey hairs, first a few, one at front, 2-3 near the back, i thought, "ah i'll just pluck them out"

now i'm getting worried. They are getting orginised. they are getting into formation,

should i give up? go the route of the bald eagle and shave all the hair off? let nature take its course and relise that i'm turing into my father ( full head of grey hair by 25)? i dont want to start dyeing it, i couldnt face the ordeal of dying my hair.

I need advice brothers!

Grey hairs at a young age are a reflection of lifestyle, means your body is starving for what it needs(nutrition) so it is neglecting the cells that aren't essential that is the cells at the base of your hair that produce pigment. Things like processed sugar/flour, alcohol all devastate your body and speed the greying of hair.
    Don't dye your hair.
    Clooney doesn't and the bitches love him :)

Clooney doesn't and the bitches love him :)
    "The wimmins" surely?
    Respect for our sisters please.
    Who else would bring us the beers, chips & dips?

Grey hairs at a young age are a reflection of lifestyle, means your body is starving for what it needs(nutrition) so it is neglecting the cells that aren't essential that is the cells at the base of your hair that produce pigment. Things like processed sugar/flour, alcohol all devastate your body and speed the greying of hair.

he has a beer gut. his body is anything but starved. also, I note, mister clever clogs, that your little icon thing for your name is silver haired (if, indeed, 'haired' is an acceptable word.... well, is it clever clogs?).

you better start talking football and beer or, in the wise words of Choper Reid, harden the fcuk up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EY7lYRneHc&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fchump%2Dstyle%2Eblogspot%2Ecom%2F

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

people do know that this was a piss take?

i've commented on irc many times about how i'm dealing with teh grey hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Ha! Tis when the little feckers start appearing on your chest, back and ball sack that you need worry Brother Smith. While your rapidly shrinking gut will hide the ones on your sack for the time being and it's not possible to see your back the chest and head are the problem ones. I fretted for a while but then said feck it, just go with the flow. Herself sometimes finds entertainment in plucking the grey ones off my chest but the sheer quantity of them and their ability to replenish over night always defeat her.

My advise, just grow grey as disgracefully as possible. You don't really want to go down the whole "Just for men" route. Too much like effort!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Do as I do. If anyone mentions gray hairs, tell'em they should see the ones...(pause for effect) IN MY PANTS! :D

Note : The condition of your happy trail has no impact on the above statement. It's funny because it's probably not true. :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

people do know that this was a piss take?

i've commented on irc many times about how i'm dealing with teh grey hair

But Brother Agent, not all the brethren use IRC, myself included, so we were unaware that you were dealing it. However, can you also confirm that the exercise and dieting *spit* were also a piss take? mention of these worry the brethren far more than a few grey hairs.

Christ! I've grown a few grey hairs reading this thread & worrying about the future of some of the brotherhood & their apparent fretting over hair-colour.

Crisis over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Congrats on all this. Soon you will leave BGRH behind and be able to post where mature men post: AH. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Grey hairs at a young age are a reflection of lifestyle, means your body is starving for what it needs(nutrition) so it is neglecting the cells that aren't essential that is the cells at the base of your hair that produce pigment. Things like processed sugar/flour, alcohol all devastate your body and speed the greying of hair./

Really??? News to me:confused: Where did you get this information?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I am disgusted I have only just discovered this forum now, especially since I could be a poster boy judging by the name. I am sure there are plenty here who would like to have a problem of grey hair actually growing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I wouldnt worry about the greys.

They have Just for men ya know.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Brother Spanky, enough with the blasphemy please!

he has a beer gut. his body is anything but starved. also, I note, mister clever clogs, that your little icon thing for your name is silver haired (if, indeed, 'haired' is an acceptable word.... well, is it clever clogs?).

you better start talking football and beer or, in the wise words of Choper Reid, harden the fcuk up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EY7lYRneHc&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fchump%2Dstyle%2Eblogspot%2Ecom%2F

1.It takes more to feed a muscle than to feed a gut

2.The commissioner would kick your ass any day

3."harden the fcuk up!" Ha! I'm like steel compared to you guys!

• Advertisement

padi89 wrote:
    Really??? News to me:confused: Where did you get this information?

http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/remedy/Premature-Greying-of-Hair.html

1.It takes more to feed a muscle than to feed a gut

2.The commissioner would kick your ass any day

3."harden the fcuk up!" Ha! I'm like steel compared to you guys!

You're not really getting the whole "Brother" thing, are you?

Icequeen got more into the spirit of this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭peterl

i question agentsmiths sexuality................

Hill Billy wrote:
    You're not really getting the whole "Brother" thing, are you?

Icequeen got more into the spirit of this forum.

I guess not :)

I guess not :)

Some "chill-out" time is in order.
    Take a wander over here.
    Pull up a stool & the barman will be a long in a minute...

Hill Billy wrote:
    Some "chill-out" time is in order.
    Take a wander over here.
    Pull up a stool & the barman will be a long in a minute...

I don't drink and I have very little interest in watching field games let alone playing them:p

• Advertisement

I don't drink and I have very little interest in watching field games let alone playing them:p
    Wrong forum. You need to be spilling your guts on this to the folks over in PI. ;)

I eat vitamins and tell people on the interweb that I'm a man of steel who could kick their asses. I don't drink and I have very little interest in watching field games let alone playing them:p I feel I am quite the brainiac and superior in every way, but infact, I'm a w@anker. :(

just as i suspected clever clogs.

now, out of our manly forum you twit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

try Just for Men or Back to Black.....;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

If you eat beetroot, your wee-wee can go purple. Same thing happens with the porridge you're eating for your new "healthy" diet. Believe me, the hair is only the first thing to go gray.

Solution to gray hairs is to eat black stuff -- I suggest a stout-only diet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I have an Issue.

heres the Problem.

I need advice brothers!

Life is over for you my dark haired friend. Throw yourself in the liffey and be done with it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

robindch wrote:
    If you eat beetroot, your wee-wee can go purple. Same thing happens with the porridge you're eating for your new "healthy" diet. Believe me, the hair is only the first thing to go gray.

Solution to gray hairs is to eat black stuff -- I suggest a stout-only diet.

Not just your wee-wee;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Meh just as i thought , looks like alternative medicine quackery to me from that site,its not scientific proof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

then who's going to get me a cool beer when the rugbys on?
    Would madam like it served with a cherry and an umbrella on a stick?

Brother...do as your Father did and go out to your local apocathary and purchase some Grecian 2000 with combined with a manly sized groat of prophylactics.

You will find it a most pleasing transaction.

Advertisement