Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RSS to a DIV

Options
  • 19-04-2007 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering would it be possible to pull in an rss feed from a blog such as a blogger blog into a div on a seperate website, kind of like what google reader does except to a regular site,
    Basically I have a regular catalogue site and a seperate community blog and I want a way to unify the 2 without coding a blog into the catalogue site.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

yes if you know if your scripting - can be done with php and asp

basically taking the external feed, and parsing it on the second site - quite easy

remember google is your friend - http://magpierss.sourceforge.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭eddyc

Thanks I'll check that out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Ph3n0m wrote:
    yes if you know if your scripting - can be done with php and asp

basically taking the external feed, and parsing it on the second site - quite easy

remember google is your friend - http://magpierss.sourceforge.net/

magpie uses js as far as I can remember so there is very little scripting for the user to do. IT provides both the JS and CSS for you and you can edit the CSS quite easily via their backend.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Magpie = teh win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

seamus wrote:
    Magpie = teh win.

It has a security issue with not having any login but that can be resolved via .htaccess easily enough...so it ain't exactly teh win. Whatever that means.

• Advertisement
Advertisement