Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Katamari for PS3 and Xbox 360

Options
  • 19-04-2007 1:19pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=75455

Can't wait for these and since there's a 360 version in development it looks like a Western release is inevitable.

I might be a little weary though as it isn't confirmed that the original creator, Keita Takahashi, of the series will be on board and he also seemed very serious about not doing another game in the series after We Love Katamari.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Saw the scans yesterday, looks really nice.

Another reason for me to pick up a 360/PS3.

Wii version pwease.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Will definitely get this, had an xbox/360/PC for the last few years and feel i've missed out on katamari, love this ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79w8yQTH5b0

and this one (tho not really katamari) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SK-bcWCU8w

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

*does odd dance while singing 'Katamari on the Swing'*
    I for one feel this is the greatest news in the history of video games.
    Wishlist: seamless environments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Retr0gamer wrote:

I might be a little weary though as it isn't confirmed that the original creator, Keita Takahashi, of the series will be on board and he also seemed very serious about not doing another game in the series after We Love Katamari.

That's true but it's a core concept that would be hard for them to mess up I think. Should hopefully be a great game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

They fixed most of the problems with the first game with We Love Katamari. It was pretty much perfect. I don't really see the point in making another sequel. They should have just got Takahashi to do something new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I don't really see the point in making another sequel.
    Cash money.

I agree though, there isn't much more to expand on, but it could still be some great more of the same. I'm certainly reserved about Takahashi not being on board...but it could be better on the whole if he delegates to someone who can handle not ****ing up a great existing formula, while he can work on something new.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, lets hope the series can continue, a Wii version would be sweet, a console ideally suited to Katamari, on the 360/PS3 I guess the biggest improvement would be the removal of the pauses as the Katamari gets bigger, also the size and details of the cities could be awesome, may lose some of that toybox charm though.
    The Wii edition, while the controls would be the biggest draw here, could easily maintain and perhaps improve on the PS2 original, think a tribute to the PS2/PSP titles, all those worlds, Hmmm..... Sweet....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

PS3 version could see some good use of Sixaxis I'd imagine..now word on that yet, but fingers crossed.

Advertisement