Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Eircom cap question

Options
  • 19-04-2007 1:21pm

For the first time since I got it (January) Eircom's BB usage page is actually updating.

Will I get charged if I go over the limit? I never have gone over it and I know people here say they haven't ever been charged but it's just I get the feeling that I'd be the first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

I have not been charged as of yet for my download usage that is over the limit. I can't guarantee i go over the limit every month though I am sure there is months where I do as I do not pay attention to the volumes of stuff I get. In fact could you link me the site where you can check your eircom stats. I am interested in looking them up and for the life of me cannot recall it.

Cheers

Data

http://www.eircom.net/welcometobroadband Over on the right there's a link to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Thank you. I need to learn to look at the stickies also. Ok from June to December last year I went over the cap from amounts varying from 2Gb to 15Gb with no extra charges. This year I went over last month by 34Gb for whatever reason so I suppose i'll pay attention to the next phone bill ><. I'm on the 3Mb package just for reference

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

it's just I get the feeling that I'd be the first.

If you are, do please let us know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I gathered it updated every 6 days or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,922 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I was under the impression that Eircom have gotten rid of their cap... We switched month or so ago, the dude said that there was no cap... That true for new customers or was he telling porkies? I'm on the 1mb (fast, i know...) package...

[edit] removal of sig as its too large

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The cap's still there in the T&C, so what you got was one of them oral contracts. If you look at your usage stats it'll say there as well (assuming that the capricious Usage Stats Fairy has visited your account and sprinkled it with update dust yet).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

If you look at eircoms packages closely ,their very basic one is based on time.
    It's something like 20Hours online time.

So when they say your package has no cap ,I think they mean no time cap.
    A bit sneaky ,but good selling none the less,I could be wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sacntity

been with Eircom bb for about 9 months now, each month have gone over the cap by about 30gigs (60gig limit),
    never been charged yet, but god help me if they suddenly decide to collect,
    See you in court Eircom.

Advertisement