Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Find out memory type

• 19-04-2007 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Hi,

How can I find out information about the memory modules installed in a PC? I want to know the type of memory being used e.g. DIMM or whatever.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Google and download a program called cpu-z (its small) and click on the memory tab(I think) it should tell you all you need to know :)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Crucial.com have a memory scanner or enter the details if your machine in there and it will bring up what you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Thanks. There must be a way of finding out through Windows though? Running XP SP2 by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

As DeafVision pointed out CPU-Z will tell you in Windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

It's just that it's not my machine. I'll have to get the person to download the app first. I just thought there was a way to find out in Windows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Not normally, it might tell you in the BIOS (when the computer boots up and you have to press a key like DEL, F2, etc).

Advertisement