Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

vredestein tyres - where

Options
  • 19-04-2007 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

im looking for 215/40/18 sized tyres on the net and there very little all weather tyres in the size, is the wheel to big for all weather tyres.?

Im specifically looking for vredestein as they always get good reviews, anywhere in south dublin that does them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Discount Tyres & Autos in Rosemount (Northside) do them. I've gotten tyres from them twice and both times they've been very competitively priced and ordered in the tyres I wanted and pretty much matched the web prices.
    One small thing but something that impressed me is that they tighten your wheel nuts with a torque wrench and not an impact gun thingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

I would recommend discount tyre too, can't be faulted with their service and attention to detail. Prices are good too.

Neil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Have bought 4 Vredestein Ultracs from Mc Quaid tyres in Monaghan. Very good prices for them as he's a distributor for Vredestein.....could be worth a trip up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

fletch wrote:
    Discount Tyres & Autos in Rosemount (Northside) do them.

Just had a look at their site. Interesting that they have a happy customer in West Haven, Connecticut.:rolleyes:

“the prices were competitive but the service was great”Edis, West Haven

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Id imagine its Westhaven in Dublin 15 rather then its Connecticut counterpart they are referring to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Folks

I'm looking at :

Vredestein ULTRAC 225/40 ZR18 92Y XL Rim-protection

Thing is the tyres currently on are 215/40 R18s, would the above tyre fit my rims.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Folks

I'm looking at :

Vredestein ULTRAC 225/40 ZR18 92Y XL Rim-protection

Thing is the tyres currently on are 215/40 R18s, would the above tyre fit my rims.

Yes they will fit, they are just slightly wider, they will also be slightly higher in profile as the 40 measurement is a percentage of the width...so 40% of 225 compared to 40% of 215.
    225/40/18 is a more popular size so you should have a better selection of tyres to chose from.

Neil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Thanks ..As you said the 215 is a very rare tyre size and thus very expensive! car has 4 different tyres on at moment, each at various stages so might not have a choice but to go 225. will the ride be affected much by the 225/ 35/ 18. mainly motorway driving.

Advertisement