Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future wii mod ?

Options
  • 19-04-2007 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hey does anyone know if there are any new chips or upgrades coming out soon with new features or are the chip out at the minute it for the next few months ?

Just want to find out if i should get one or wait ...

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

elmoie wrote:
    Hey does anyone know if there are any new chips or upgrades coming out soon with new features or are the chip out at the minute it for the next few months ?

Just want to find out if i should get one or wait ...

thanks

Nobody knows really. But i'd imagine with the current generation of chips you ain't going to see much in the way of improvements with firmware upgrades.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It seems that the current batch of mod chips have it all wrapped up, all the abilities of the various brands are broadly the same, so I suspect they have squeezed all they can from the tech.
    That said they seem to do the trick, play back ups and homebrew so I'd jump in now and buy one, say the WiiKey.
    One thing though, despite them saying that they are wirefree, install wires anyway as this will aid removal if the beed ever arises.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 declantm

One possible update to the firmware would be to allow people to run the virtual console games in much the same with that PSP users can play PS1 games on their PSPs with modded firmware.

declantm wrote:
    One possible update to the firmware would be to allow people to run the virtual console games in much the same with that PSP users can play PS1 games on their PSPs with modded firmware.

Thats not possible with this generation of chips. all the chip does is fools the DVD drive into thinking it's an original dvd. VC games run from different media so this would be impossible. Also, Homebrew only works in Gamecube mode not Wii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 scooochie4

News just in that a DS coder DarkFader had worked some magic on the Wii!!!
    He managed to dump the BIOS of a wii and claims he can re-programme it. If that is the case then we will see new mod-chips with custom BIOS and a whole load of new possibilities! Still only rumours though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Moussdog

is there any upgrades on the flash player in the wii as the one in it doesnt play some of the alluc alloftv etc sites content

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 scooochie4

I dont think so. Well at least i havent heard of any. I saw an article on digg recently explaining why the wii uses flash7 and not flash9. I didnt read it though!

scooochie4 wrote:
    I dont think so. Well at least i havent heard of any. I saw an article on digg recently explaining why the wii uses flash7 and not flash9. I didnt read it though!

Ya, I read that as well, it has got to do with fact that Adobe hasn't released the SDK for any version of flash after version 7.

Advertisement