Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Office spellcheck?

• 19-04-2007 4:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know how I can get office to use irish english / gb english for spell check instead of americano?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

2007, the dictionary type should be on the statusbar, double click it to get into the options dialogue.

2003 and under, Tools > Options > Spelling tab to get the options.

Now select your dictionary, optionally hit the Default button, and F7 to check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

I have never been able to successfully keep Office 2003 speaking British English. It is the most exceptionally annoying thing, and as a result half the documents I get from people are full of finalized and recognized and colors. I had to correct essays before and put a big red circle around all the americano nonsense. :)

Pet hate.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

have you selected the text and then changed the langague - tools options langague, and then set it as the default for all new documents.

any old documents will retain their UK settings until you change the langague of the selected text or entire doument

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

have you selected the text and then changed the langague - tools options langague, and then set it as the default for all new documents.

any old documents will retain their UK settings until you change the langague of the selected text or entire doument

Yeah. Program just has a hellbent desire to speak like a yank. :rolleyes:

I bet Office 2007 will add the word "like" randomly into sentences and put in question marks instead of full stops! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Thanks, got it working! my english is horrible, last thing I need is to proof read a 25k word document :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement