Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband & Vista?

Options
  • 19-04-2007 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Friend of mine just got the box for Eircom Broadband, Vista is installed, will the setup disks work OK ? if not, anyone got any relevant info for installing the connection manually ?

Cheers.

FBP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

If it's the usual Netopia Broadband Modem there's nothing more to it than plugging the ethernet cable from the PC to the modem and the cable from the modem to the phone line and then turning it on. The disk is totally needless.

(Don't forget the filters though)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Unless it's a USB box, then it should just work without the included software.

If it's a USB router then you might be in for a whole world of trouble if there are no Vista drivers for it.

More info? Is it USB or Network cable version?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

Hey guys,

Thanks for the quick response...

I won't know the setup til I visit tonight.. one of those "ooow your good with computers, would you mind?!?!?!.." scenarios... :)

hopefully its full ethernet....

I'll post back if i've a problem,

thanks again

FBP.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

IrishTLR wrote:
    Unless it's a USB box, then it should just work without the included software.

If it's a USB router then you might be in for a whole world of trouble if there are no Vista drivers for it.

More info? Is it USB or Network cable version?

The eircom router uses ethernet.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

fatboypee wrote:
    Friend of mine just got the box for Eircom Broadband, Vista is installed, will the setup disks work OK ? if not, anyone got any relevant info for installing the connection manually ?

Cheers.

FBP.

You dont need the set up discs at all.

Well if using a wireless connection turn off wep which is on by default and use wpa which is easier to use and more secure. If not using the wireless turn it off and stop wireless pollution!

• Advertisement
Advertisement