Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the catch?

Options
  • 19-04-2007 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭

My Pally has just hit lvl 30 on Jaedenar and is making a bucket load of gold from mining at the mo (70G). Now i'm saving for my mount and then someone told me Pally's quest for their mounts.

Cool I thought, but i've been caught out on this before where I went to buy my mount for my priest and it turned out I needed an extra 20G for some reason I can't remember.

Are there any hidden charges I should be made aware of?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not really. Pallys and Warlocks get free mounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Except riding lessons are 81G!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Pally's don't quest for their first mount, they just get it after buying the spell. No need to buy the riding skill either. The epic mount requires questing and expensive reagents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

normal mount = free from quest.
    epic mount = free but hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

For your lv40 mount, it's completely free. The epic mount quest is cool, but long and expensive (but you're horde, so you don't get the cool event in Scholo :p). Worth it though, because you get one of the best looking mounts in the game. :)

*holds out hope of a paladin flying mount questline being implemented*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Do you get the riding skill as a reward for the quest? Because I'd rather use my racial mount than the horse...

Yep - I have a human lv40 racial mount (horses suck tbh, but I got it for PvP purposes - your summoned paladin mount is a holy spell, and I don't particularly want that to be used to lock down my entire combat system), and a PvP epic tiger and ram on my 70 human paladin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

For your lv40 mount, it's completely free. The epic mount quest is cool, but long and expensive (but you're horde, so you don't get the cool event in Scholo :p). Worth it though, because you get one of the best looking mounts in the game. :)

*holds out hope of a paladin flying mount questline being implemented*

No, we get the cool event in Stratholme ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm assuming the Pally quest is similar to the Warlock Epic Quest? Because that is still my favourite quest in the game. Controlling three (we had 3 locks, a mage and a priest) lvl60 elite dreadguards, and fighting off waves and waves of demons, and finally killing the boss guy was brilliant fun. Real edge of the seat stuff.

Kiith wrote:
    I'm assuming the Pally quest is similar to the Warlock Epic Quest? Because that is still my favourite quest in the game. Controlling three (we had 3 locks, a mage and a priest) lvl60 elite dreadguards, and fighting off waves and waves of demons, and finally killing the boss guy was brilliant fun. Real edge of the seat stuff.
    The Alliance one involves killing aload of guys in the based of Scholo where Rattlegore is, similar to the shaman helm quest afaik.

The Horde one sends you to the chapel in Strat. First you kill the npc in it who tries to stop you, then you burn the chapel down which spawns 5(?) ghost human Paladin's who you have to fight and kill.

(You have to do a **** load of stuff before getting to these stages)

• Advertisement

Alliance one is 4 waves of spirits, heavily weakened by (in turn) Judgement of Wisdom, Justice, Righteousness and Light, then fight a final death knight that appears. It's probably my favourite boss fight in the game :)

Alliance one is 4 waves of spirits, heavily weakened by (in turn) Judgement of Wisdom, Justice, Righteousness and Light, then fight a final death knight that appears. It's probably my favourite boss fight in the game :)
    Second boss in Shadowlabs > all

Time for fun!

Well geared rogue + warlock + mage all targeting me during fun time when I'm in full healplx gear = sad pala face :(
    Possibly the only boss fight in the game that gets more annoying the better-geared you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Second boss in Shadowlabs > all

Time for fun!

Have to agree - best fun boss in TBC (bar maybe the Goblin driving the Robot in SV). Done it on my pally, hunter and warrior so far - great fun on all of them :D Btw has anyone else heard that the Baroness in Stratholme is buggy regarding her MC? Apparently if a rogue gets controlled her first action is to pop CoS....which dispells the MC :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Well geared rogue + warlock + mage all targeting me during fun time when I'm in full healplx gear = sad pala face :(
    Possibly the only boss fight in the game that gets more annoying the better-geared you are.
    If people are pve rather than pvp spec though, and if you have a healer plus a combo class backup healer it's normally pretty straightforward. Some of those fire spec mage crits are nasty though :P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

could ya MC a MC ? :P

Advertisement