Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I move my garden shed?

Options
  • 19-04-2007 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

I have an 8' x 8' wooden garden shed. Your typical sort.

I need to move it now to a different part of the garden. Question is, how?

Do I need to dismantle it and move it piece by piece or do I need to hire a big old crane?

Tips and advice please. It needs to move about 30' to a new spot on the garden

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

AlanD wrote:
    Do I need to dismantle it and move it piece by piece or do I need to hire a big old crane?

Four guys, a few 12ft scaffoding poles or boards. Empty shed, slide poles under shed, brace them if possible, lift and move to new location. Supply beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

oh!! are they light enough for 4 lads to lift and walk with it?

Good idea though. I'll have to find 3 other strong lads and give it a shot.....

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Hi Alan,

I think this was talked about her e last year... as far as i remember, someone had done this using fence posts underneath the shed on ground....this way you can roll the shed on top of the posts...although you will have to keep taking from the back and putting to the front etc..

Daz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Borozi is right, four guys would lift an empty shed that size no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

We moved my 8x6 wooden shed using some iron and wooden rollers....
    two of us pushing/pulling with a missus moving the rollers as needed...

If you are lifting then you might not be able to get it in tight to a back/side wall...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I did it a few years ago, stuck a couple of skateboards under two corners and put down planks to spread the weight and stop them sinking in the grass. It speeded up getting to the beer part. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I moved mine last year, a 12x8ft, didn't have poles but there was about 8 of us. Make sure you have the blocks that it's going to be sitting on balanced/leveled before the lift

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

great advice lads!

Thanks

Advertisement