Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frylite low fat cooking spray

• 19-04-2007 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else use Frylite low fat cooking spray? I use it for frying eggs etc. Is it as healthy as it says on the tin (1 cal per spray).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

I use it too, but it's not very good for some things like popcorn, mushrooms etc..

It may be low fat, but I'm not sure it's claiming to be healthy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

I'm sure the manufacturers have a different idea of what a "spray" is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Most of these are just watered down oils, or just regular oil. The low calorie bit is that you only have to use a fine spray to coat a frying pan. This can be achieved but wiping a pan with a kitchen towel with some oil on it, but the spray is handy.

It is usually overpriced but some of them can be opened and refilled. Oil in a water spray bottle will not work as well as they are different densities/viscosities.

It would not work for popcorn as mentioned since it needs a nice bit of oil to heat the kernels evenly. Good for fried eggs, french toast, pancakes.

Advertisement