Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voting with Family tradition

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Dandesav wrote:
    I decided to keep an open mind and I've picked Fine Gael this time round because I think we need a new government but also because I think they are a much better party- I agree with their policies and they are much more honest and trustworthy than FF (though that's not saying much...!).

See that's exactly how you should pick a party to vote for. The question is how much of your concerns and more importantly, the issues you rank highly when comparing policies, were/are influenced by your upbringing. I believe that it's perfectly possible to make a choice as you have above and still side with your parent's party. The economy for me is my main concern, and I know I was definitely at least pointed in that direction in my upbringing since it was something that my family was concerned about and discussed when I was young. I'm sure others would rank healthcare or green policies or "the worker" (it can mean several different things) for similar reasons.

Advertisement