Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i buy this

Options
  • 19-04-2007 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Anyone know where i can buy 1 of those plug in rodent repellers and how much they cost.I think i may have a mouse in my kitchen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

daffyduck wrote:
    Anyone know where i can buy 1 of those plug in rodent repellers and how much they cost.I think i may have a mouse in my kitchen.

I think DIY or CO-OP stores sell these. No idea how much they cost though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

bazz26 wrote:
    I think DIY or CO-OP stores sell these. No idea how much they cost though.

Try the CO-OP out at Raheen (if it's handy for you).....

I'm sure they have them

• Registered Users Posts: 13 derfen

"There's a rat in me kitchen, what ama gonna do?"

derfen :: Blog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 daffyduck

Thanks. Will try there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Usually cost bout 30 quid. Have used them before but you cant beat choclate and a few traps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Have seen them in homebase, so I assume B&Q and Atlantic Homecare will also have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

B&Q
    Homebase
    Atlantic Homecare
    and 4 Homes all haver them.

Prices start at about €30 and go up to about €90

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

My parents got 2 of them a few weeks ago, and they're about as useful as shouting at the mice. Didn't work very well at all. I think they were called Pest-X, and were €45 each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 daffyduck

Caught the little bugger with some bacon on a trap. Thats a bit pricey if they dont work,although ive been told now that the plugs are only to deter mice from entering a house and not get rid of them if there already there. Might try
    it to stop more getting in, im petrified of mice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I was looking at those electronic things in Dunnes a couple of months ago and even on the packaging they said they don't work through walls and that even furniture can obstruct them - to me it sounded like they would 'possibly' only keep mice out of the room they're in and that you'd need one in every room.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I had a major mouse problem a few years ago due to building work across the road. I bought one of those electronic things to use in conjunction with traps. It seemed to just disorientate them and led to many mice caught in strange ways in the traps. Hideous.
    Thank God for older brothers and fathers who come and dispose of such things.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lyencoli

The repellers aren't great, to get rid of and keep mice and rats away, put some mint plants around the house, particulary kitchen. You can also plant them outside and it grows with out much looking after. Rodents detest the smell

Advertisement