Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€50 per MB - O2 Rip Off

Options
  • 19-04-2007 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭

O2 are hiding away in a corner the fact that they are charging €50 per MB for WAP roaming. In fact while all other roaming charges are quoted in Per MB rates they quote WAP as per KB.

This compares to No Extra charge for Vodafone customers who WAP roam and WAP roaming is free to most main countries for O2 UK customers.

Why are O2 ripping off their Irish customers.

Their website if very misleading as to the cost of roaming Blackberry charges. O2 Blackberrys use the WAP APN and not the "internet" APN by default. The quoted roaming rates on the website relate only to the "internet" APN.

I have spoken to O2 and Comreg on this issue and I encourage others to do so too.

Cal.

P.S. It would do no harm to let everyone you know who is with O2 know about this outrageous charge.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

[almost] everyone knows wap and gprs fees are absurd and you would need a lobotomy to use them in the first place.
    so just dont use them.

sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Not totaly true. People do need internet access and don't mind paying a little over the norm when roaming but this is taking the p*ss.

If you have time look at the O2 web site and try to determine the roaming charges when surfing the net from your blackberry in the UK or any other country. It is very difficult to find that the real charge is €50 per MB. Most people (Including the O2 Customer service reps) end up thinking that they will only be charged €8.30 per MB (UK). Not so !!! Try €50 per MB.:eek:

Cal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've had some issues with this lately aswell - currently trying to work it out with them.

Seems they have a problem differentiating between WAP and GPRS when roaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

I've had it out with O2 in detail and there is no confusion between WAP and GPRS. It just suits them to hide the cost deep in the site and to not educate their customer service staff as to the difference or charge involved.

They then try to confuse people by pointing only to the gprs/email charges.

How can people be made aware of this charge as O2 are quite prepared to hide it?

Cal.

Advertisement